Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Switzerland Trip Advice Please

Great picture thanks for sharing them with us :thumb

Any recommendations for sites? I am planning to do a mountain bike event in August in Grindelwald and we were wondering whether to stay in one of the two sites there or in one of the neighbouring valleys or in Interlaken. I know the area quite well, but site recommendations appreciated.

Steve

We stayed at the gletscherdorf site in grindelwald which you probably know about by the sounds of it. We loved it and the mountain views were awesome. It was everything I imagined a Swiss mountain town to be.
We also stayed at a site looking down over interlaken and Lake thun. Can't remember the name but will look it up. Was a nice site though

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks, Freeley. Gletscherdorf was on the list, so good to hear a recommendation. I think there is another site in Grindelwald, so on the basis of the recommendation, Gletscherdorf it is. We have also stayed in Camping Manor Farm in Interlaken in a tent (pre-Cali), which was great, but I want something more in the mountains. Let me know the name of the other site when you get a chance...

Thanks again

Steve

I stayed in a chalet in Lauterbrunnen for the Jungfrau marathon a few years ago (pre Cali days). There was a very nice looking campsite in the valley overlooking the waterfall (some of the early pics in this thread look like they were taken there).
http://www.camping-jungfrau.ch/en/ueber_uns/default.asp

We hired MTBs after the race and did a bit of riding round to Grindalwald and back over Kleine Scheidegg. Mostly fireroad type riding that we found there but stunning area.

Stephen02 said:
Thanks, Freeley. Gletscherdorf was on the list, so good to hear a recommendation. I think there is another site in Grindelwald, so on the basis of the recommendation, Gletscherdorf it is. We have also stayed in Camping Manor Farm in Interlaken in a tent (pre-Cali), which was great, but I want something more in the mountains. Let me know the name of the other site when you get a chance...

Thanks again

Steve

It was camping stuhlegg in krattigen. Lovely views and good location for walks etc perhaps not what you're looking for though?

Thanks, Freeley. I'll check it out. We were also looking at Camping Eigernordwand in Grindelwald as we have a baby and had read some reviews this might be more child friendly.

Thanks for all the suggestions,

Steve

I think we walked past that site the name rings a bell. Might be less of a climb up into the town than gletscherdorf if it's the one I think it is.

Back