Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Switzerland - Nice places to stay (semi wild&camping)

I just changed the title to a more open one and hope we can cope with that. I know there is park4anight and more which are superb however maybe you‘ve got some more places you all like to share in Switzerland. So add and share and we hope visitors from other countries can use it as a benefit (and maybe save money in this so called expensive country). Enjoy and look forward to see you soon here again!

9e234344f7aacde951116163e60bdfaf.jpg

I can’t wait to revisit Switzerland!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 years ago, when I first saw that glacier, it went all the way down to the lake. Now it’s a 1/3 of the way up the mountain. Your photo can’t be that old?

September 2019

WOW! That’s a big difference in a short space of time

Next long weekend ahead and weather is better than expected!
Not strictly a long weekend for everyone, only Catholic Kantons if I'm not mistaken (Corpus Christi)?
We might get to the Zoo with the granddaughter on Thursday (since my job is in a Kanton with the holiday - yeah!) and maybe we can picnic in the van after checking out the new savanna...

ATM super windy here around Lake Vierwaldstaettersee. Wind from the „front“: Kitchen in the back
5ceeec0c94e195ca2deade68d13cdda4.jpg

Blick had an article today on wild camping... or lack of...

Summer is on here and a lot of campers around. We are still talking about leaving or staying this year in Switzerland. Tipp: If you are travelling north to south or the otherway round check out Urnerboden (between Uri and Glarus). No facilities.

Summer is on here and a lot of campers around. We are still talking about leaving or staying this year in Switzerland. Tipp: If you are travelling north to south or the otherway round check out Urnerboden (between Uri and Glarus). No facilities.
We are likely NOT headed to the UK in July. Too many uncertainties, and too many maniacs everywhere not really considering others. So we will likely do some trips within the country and play it by ear.

Well, having just posted the above, I now read that Switzerland just made masks compulsory on public transport, and will impose quarantine for those arriving from certain countries (IDK which yet).

Some fantastic places in the video with an Ocean .
Music is interesting

and will impose quarantine for those arriving from certain countries (IDK which yet).
Thanks for the info, can you keep us updated re quarantine, we are supposed to arrive in 4 weeks. :thumb

We're hoping to drive back from Switzerland to the UK to visit family in the next few weeks. At the moment, it looks like we'll be quarantine free both ways according to the published lists form both countries from July 10th.

Had a quick check of Tunnel prices and it's about 400EUR return. :eek:

We enjoyed a stay at Champex-Lac, Orsières, Switzerland. There is a campsite at one end of the village and at the other end, we came across an amazing museum, it was a Nuclear Bunker Gun Emplacement to guard the route from the south into Switzerland.
View attachment 62115

https://proforteresse.ch/champex

That's where I got married! At the Hotel Splendide, just past the artillery fort. Our Cali is partly funded from wedding gifts too to make the link extra special.
An absolutely beautiful area with hikes up to the Italian border, to the glacier du Trient, or endless climbing and biking spots.