Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Swigle aka Steve

S

swigle

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
White 140 manual ordered 22 October for delivery March/April. Informed 3 days ago it was built, at the docks, due for export and could be at dealers within 2 weeks! 3 months early; still undecided as to whether I'll take delivery ASAP, or stick to original plan of 1st March ... New '12 plate, realistically wouldn't use it for it 'true' purpose (just daily commute), as have to work every weekend between now and then to top up the piggy bank to pay for my midlife crisis.

Hi Steve and welcome to the forum.

It must be very tempting to take delivery of your new Cali as soon as it arrives at the dealership. I'm sure the dealer would rather you take delivery as soon as it arrives too. I think my head would win and I would stick to my original plan unless the dealer can offer you a nice incentive to change it :idea: :D

Good luck anyway and look forwrad to seeing some pics of your new pride and joy.

Cheers
Ron

Dealer called today - Cali is with them ... 2 months early.

How long will my resolve last to stick it out till 1st March to take delivery? The fact that I've also bought a non-quite-personalised '12 plate for it means head is likely to win over heart and I'll wait it out ... (2 more pay packets between now and then will make a difference!)

Steve

Good news Steve. Mark the days on your calendar. The countdown begins.

Hi Steve,

Good news -- I'd try and stick to your original plan.

Collection delayed by 24 hours :sad

Staff changes and number of collections + Leicester Van Centre scheduled for 1 March means they can't all be done on the day ... and I'm one of the unfortunate ones having to wait until Friday.

Ah well - it's only 24 hours - the Cali has been sitting there for almost 2 months waiting for me to pick it up, so I can't really complain about having to wait another day.

Still, a tad frustrating, cos I've now got to bottle up my excitement!

Hi Steve,

Hope to see some pics of you taking delivery of your new pride and joy :grin:

Ron

swigle said:
Collection delayed by 24 hours :sad

Staff changes and number of collections + Leicester Van Centre scheduled for 1 March means they can't all be done on the day ... and I'm one of the unfortunate ones having to wait until Friday.

Ah well - it's only 24 hours - the Cali has been sitting there for almost 2 months waiting for me to pick it up, so I can't really complain about having to wait another day.

Still, a tad frustrating, cos I've now got to bottle up my excitement!

Now that IS frustrating :headwall :headwall

Many moons ago (1898/90), Paul had a 1st January Toyota trade plated to him 31st December with promised NOT to be moved off the drive until next day. However that was pre online DVLA registrations in the good old paper & Post Office days!

So it's TGICF = Thank God It's California Friday for you....

Meanwhile you are:-
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN3GbF9Bx6E[/youtube]

I take it that you are not going to run up to Grimsby Fisheries on Welford Rd (for the best Fish & Chips in Leicester) to instantly wipe out the new car / van smell.

Only two more sleeps :barmy

Might well be banning fish & chips from the Cali for a while!

Actually got to drive over to Grimsby on Tuesday for a meeting at a warehouse full of frozen fish - thankfully no smell given its stored at -20!

Today is the day!

We think that you have been very understanding & patient with your dealer considering that you have spent an awful lot of money.

We would expect a much better service.

However may your fun continue & here's to many happy hours with your Cali :thumb :thumb

I can't actually believe how exited I am! Sleepless night, prowling round the house for the last 3 hours! This is way more exciting than waiting for Santa! 77 minutes and counting ...

Got it!
An intensive hour and a half with Gary + Leicester Van Centre - he knows his stuff and is really enthusiastic about all things Cali ... He even gave me a business card for the forum!

Well done Steve. I got mine from Gary as well it was me that gave Gary the business cards
We hope to be working with vw Leicester in the future. Top dealership.
Enjoy your Cali.