Surprise meet!!

Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky

Forever young (ish!)
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Have just spent three nights away, our first outing in 2021. Minding our business (see photo!) we spied a 6.1 twin tone in the next field. As you do, well we do, we knocked on their door and introduced ourselves.
Great to meet you guys @GrumpyGranddad and have a chat about this and that. Part of what being a club member is about. Very enjoyable. Trust you enjoyed the rest of your stay and hope you have a great birthday when you get back home.
R & T x
Oh, photo was taken on 25th April. Anyone guess which site we are on?
1619689254471.png

You were in Slimbridge and didn't call in for a garden Coffee?
Sorry Loz, completely skipped my mind. I was having issues with a Shelta Pod awning that Mrs J had recently acquired! The Kador strip I already had wouldn't fit the SheltaPod. Ended up going to Attwoolls twice before sorting it all out!! I only wanted a 4mm-6mm x 3m strip. The 4mm strip I had was also too small for the Cali awning and kept pulling out, then the first Attwoolls solution would not fit the Shelta Pod until we discovered its a bit like buying shoes! There are UK sizes and European sizes. So ended up with a 7mm (UK-6mm), 5mm (UK-4mm) x 3m. Then there was the issue of should the figure of eight be 3 or 4 pieces to make up the required 2.4m. Never knew it could be so complicated!
Anyway, coffee etched in memory for next visit to Slimbridge (Promise not to mention Kador strips/rails etc!) which could be later this year.

Sorry Loz, completely skipped my mind. I was having issues with a Shelta Pod awning that Mrs J had recently acquired! The Kador strip I already had wouldn't fit the SheltaPod. Ended up going to Attwoolls twice before sorting it all out!! I only wanted a 4mm-6mm x 3m strip. The 4mm strip I had was also too small for the Cali awning and kept pulling out, then the first Attwoolls solution would not fit the Shelta Pod until we discovered its a bit like buying shoes! There are UK sizes and European sizes. So ended up with a 7mm (UK-6mm), 5mm (UK-4mm) x 3m. Then there was the issue of should the figure of eight be 3 or 4 pieces to make up the required 2.4m. Never knew it could be so complicated!
Anyway, coffee etched in memory for next visit to Slimbridge (Promise not to mention Kador strips/rails etc!) which could be later this year.
Haha we popped into Attwools and saw a returned kador strip by till was that one of yours then :)

Haha we popped into Attwools and saw a returned kador strip by till was that one of yours then :)
Quite probably. :rolleyes:

Have just spent three nights away, our first outing in 2021. Minding our business (see photo!) we spied a 6.1 twin tone in the next field. As you do, well we do, we knocked on their door and introduced ourselves.
Great to meet you guys @GrumpyGranddad and have a chat about this and that. Part of what being a club member is about. Very enjoyable. Trust you enjoyed the rest of your stay and hope you have a great birthday when you get back home.
R & T x
Oh, photo was taken on 25th April. Anyone guess which site we are on?
View attachment 77609
Great to meet you both too. Looking forward to seeing you again here and there. Rest of the stay was good but weather was pretty dismal. Visited Newark Park (NT) yesterday, beautiful views. Milestone birthday on Sunday (70) - when did that happen!! 5 minutes ago I was 21 :)
Cheers, Sue & Mike.