Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Suffolk or West Wales?

Wales has more interesting beaches than Suffolk but as someone else said Rendlsham forest is great. RSPB Minsmere is on the coast and it is nice to walk along to the coast there but it is the North Sea which is very gray.

You may wish to consider the fact that you will have to drive on the M4 past Newport and the M25 at Easter to get to Suffolk.A12 has a lot of roadworks. Is it easier to take the M4 passed Swansea?
Agree about RSPB Minsmere - fabulous, visited a couple of weeks ago, but unfortunately not dog friendly. Adjacent NT coastal estate is a better bet, Dunwich Heath & Beach. Good pub with EHU pitches, Eels Foot Inn. Southwold is nice, as are some villages along the stretch down to Sizewell area.

Been to both and love both. If the weather was grim I think I'd prefer to be in Suffolk though. Wantisden Park is handily placed for Woodbridge and Aldburgh, with great forest walks right from the site.
I just love Aldeburgh (I used to live 2 miles from there!), and the Marsh Farm campsite was just superb, with the sea on one side, and an RSPB bird sanctuary on another. But I've just read that the focus there is so much now on rental caravans, they have actually closed the superb toilet and shower block to "tourers". So the few tolerated motorhomes and caravans must have toilets. Such a shame.

We live in Essex and regularly visit Suffolk. Ironically we love West Wales too - the problem is it is miles away! We always enjoy somewhere new though. Suffolk is great and very diverse, I would visit the Broads as that is different to Wales, Framingham and the countryside round there (Kersey, Lavenham etc) is lovely too. Southwold has very nice fish and chips on the pier. It is better with warmer weather but isn't everywhere? Pubs are generally brilliant and a great way to enjoy the spring..
Enjoy whatever you decide.

Back