Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Storing tyre pressures

RichieVW

RichieVW

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Afternoon all,

Tyre monitor light came on this morning, so I've been and filled them up, now I cant find the button that is apparently in the passenger side stowage area to reset and store?! Anybody give me a clue????

Many thanks.

Afternoon all,

Tyre monitor light came on this morning, so I've been and filled them up, now I cant find the button that is apparently in the passenger side stowage area to reset and store?! Anybody give me a clue????

Many thanks.

I see you have a Beach so don’t know if it’s the same but on an Ocean with MFD you use that.

Whenever you change the tyre pressures you just do a reset on MFD.

Mike

Afternoon all,

Many thanks.
You need to select it on the MFD.

I wonder if it is strictly necessary to reset the monitor. As it works on measuring the difference in rotation of the wheels, not the actual pressure, provided all the pressures are the same then I don't see the need to reset.
I usually forget to reset it when changing the wheels for summer/winter and so far its never gone off even though the summer/winter pressures are different.

I'm struggling to find the correct pressures for an ocean 205 DSG ..dealer isn't sure either getting back to me tomorrow evidently

I wonder if it is strictly necessary to reset the monitor. As it works on measuring the difference in rotation of the wheels, not the actual pressure, provided all the pressures are the same then I don't see the need to reset.
I usually forget to reset it when changing the wheels for summer/winter and so far its never gone off even though the summer/winter pressures are different.
Probably not in that scenario, but when it has been triggered due to puncture or pressure drop in one tyre, then the Store function also clears the latched alarm ie: permenant alarm.

I'm struggling to find the correct pressures for an ocean 205 DSG ..dealer isn't sure either getting back to me tomorrow evidently
I’m running 45psi all round 235/55/17 with our camping gear left in all year round, and the wear is spot on across the tyres.

Last edited:
No sticker on the drivers door pillar listing pressures/tyre sizes etc?

It does,but only maximum @58psi..dealer came back to me after taking a reading off their showroom cali @48psi,so I think I will go with loz'S 45psi as we are normally loaded .

Last edited:
Depends what tyres you have,

17" 215 profile should be 54 psi front 51 rear
17" 235 and 18" 255 are 10psi less.

That's interesting. On my MY17/18 Ocean there is no "tyre pressure" option on the MFD menu under Settings.
VW mechanic has also searched options for storing tyre pressures without success.
Any thoughts?

That's interesting. On my MY17/18 Ocean there is no "tyre pressure" option on the MFD menu under Settings.
VW mechanic has also searched options for storing tyre pressures without success.
Any thoughts?
They are still an option in markets where TPMS is not mandatory.