Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Storage box struts given up

G

ger

Hi,
On my 2016 Beach (2 rear seats) the struts which hold the storage box lid up appear to have given up :-(
They just won't hold the lid up if the cushion is on them now. Hold the cushion too and they just about stay open.
Any ideas? Is it possible to get replacements? Or give them a bit of affection to sort them out?!

Cheers!

Hi,
On my 2016 Beach (2 rear seats) the struts which hold the storage box lid up appear to have given up :-(
They just won't hold the lid up if the cushion is on them now. Hold the cushion too and they just about stay open.
Any ideas? Is it possible to get replacements? Or give them a bit of affection to sort them out?!

Cheers!
Are there any part numbers on the struts? VW for replacements.

This company might be able to help either supplying replacements or refurbishing them.

I took out struts off ours the other week after 2 years of thinking they get in the way. It means it box lid now opens fully and can be laid flat to the rear (and not limited to 30 degrees and in the way). It also frees up space inside the box rather than the struts getting in the way of stuff.

Definitely recommend saving your £££ and trying this first. I'd be surprised if you miss the struts. I really wonder why it didn't occur to me before.

As many have said the design of the storage box is the joke part of an otherwise very versatile 2 seat Beach.

One day I'm going to make a totally new one for ours...

Back