Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

step covers / mats

M

muttley

Guest User
Hello,

I had to park on some muddy grass at the weekend, and now the indside of the Cali is absolutely filthy, despite having one of those turtle mat things down in front of the rear seat. What I could really do with is a mat which fits on the step, so people could be forced to wipe their feet before tramping mud everywhere (transgressors would be stuffed into the wardrobe)! Does such a thing exist?

I should also point out to any prospective owners that a pale grey carpet in the front won't stay that way for long :sad

I did have a 'no shoes in the van' policy when camping, but you can't ask people to take their shoes off when you are just doing the school run! People would think I'd gone mad.

Simon

Carry a matt around & put it outside the side door for folk to wipe shoes on.

I don't think the step is wide enough for wiping shoes on.

I bought one of those step matts but it wouldn't stay in place. I tried various ways of stopping it from moving but none worked. In fact, it was a H & S hazard!

Best thing we've found is to carry a couple of cheap bath matts (the type you step on when you get out of the shower); these can go in the washing machine when dirty.

Another alternative is to carry a roll of brown paper (in the space behind the sliding door table?) to lay down inside when ground conditions are bad.

Aldi 1.99 rubber mat outside van where you step in. The turtle mat when you land.

20160120_133352.jpg