Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Standard items supplied with new california

J

Jonty54332992

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi Folks,

Wondering if anyone has a list of the standards issue items (parts supplied when new) with the California?

Looking at a 2011 vehicle and wondered it we should look for items that would have Bern factory supply - hope thst makes sense?

Thanks

Not too sure on the 2011 but I have recently bought a 2019 and wish I asked the same question. Things I didn’t realize were missing from new when I bought this were:
Pop top securing straps
Headrest table holder thing ( hooks on rear seats head rest to make the table a worktop)
Gas bottle screw top
That’s about it I think. Things I would also check for now are:
Polystyrene divider between chairs in boot lid.. Make sure you ask to see all handbooks, service history book , locking wheel nut key, actually look in the tool kit where the jack is kept to make sure all tools are there, 2 sets of keys (minimum) night heater remote and make sure everything works as it should. These are not like buying a normal car. Allow at least an hour to check pop top works ok, taps, gas , fridge, night heater etc. These are complex machines that are not cheap to repair. Watch YouTube videos on how everything works on a California then you can go armed. California Chris has videos on everything and without these I wouldn’t have had a clue how things work. Good luck…

download section has a proper list

Not too sure on the 2011 but I have recently bought a 2019 and wish I asked the same question. Things I didn’t realize were missing from new when I bought this were:
Pop top securing straps
Headrest table holder thing ( hooks on rear seats head rest to make the table a worktop)
Gas bottle screw top
That’s about it I think. Things I would also check for now are:
Polystyrene divider between chairs in boot lid.. Make sure you ask to see all handbooks, service history book , locking wheel nut key, actually look in the tool kit where the jack is kept to make sure all tools are there, 2 sets of keys (minimum) night heater remote and make sure everything works as it should. These are not like buying a normal car. Allow at least an hour to check pop top works ok, taps, gas , fridge, night heater etc. These are complex machines that are not cheap to repair. Watch YouTube videos on how everything works on a California then you can go armed. California Chris has videos on everything and without these I wouldn’t have had a clue how things work. Good luck…
Great advice, thanks
Didn't know if the 230V power cable was supplied with the van & any blackout /privacy blackouts (or whatever they are called) was supplied with the van also, plus gas bottle etc? Thanks

Great advice, thanks
Didn't know if the 230V power cable was supplied with the van & any blackout /privacy blackouts (or whatever they are called) was supplied with the van also, plus gas bottle etc? Thanks
1. Short European adapter lead for EHU lead ( not supplied ) to convert a standard EHU lead to fit 2 pin European sockets often found on older, smaller European sites.
2. Gas regulator and Gas stop tap and short red gas tube all with screw connectors to connect a Campingaz 907 cylinder ( not supplied ) to vehicle gas circuit.
3. First Aid kit
4. Warning Triangle.
5. Child safety net to stop kids falling out of pop top bed.
6. Emergency tie down straps for hydraulic roof.
7. A strap to hook sliding kitchen table to bench headrest to have table out over bench seat
8. Magnetically secured blinds/ curtains for cab side windows + large blind/ curtain for windscreen that hooks on sun visors.

Great advice, thanks
Mmmm, I didn’t get a 230v power cable either. Got all magnetic blinds though that I will probably never use as I have the rainbow screen cover….

We also got fly screens for the sliding windows and check the winding handle for the awning is there.

Back