Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sports package on Ascot or Candy!

T

Tilbo

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hi
California on order with Sport pack option ticked. (first ever California Ocean, hopefully due spring 2022)
The California is ordered, we are fine with the options ticked, it's just the colour!

I'm just really undecided on the colour. I have looked everywhere, phoned garages too, nobody has one with the sports package.
I just can not find an Ascot Grey or Candy White to look at and compare.
Has anybody seen either of those California's in that spec, has anybody got any pictures of that California, if so i'd really appreciate a picture or two, i really would.
Has anybody got any preference or views on the colours too?
Thanks in advance..

Hi
California on order with Sport pack option ticked. (first ever California Ocean, hopefully due spring 2022)
The California is ordered, we are fine with the options ticked, it's just the colour!

I'm just really undecided on the colour. I have looked everywhere, phoned garages too, nobody has one with the sports package.
I just can not find an Ascot Grey or Candy White to look at and compare.
Has anybody seen either of those California's in that spec, has anybody got any pictures of that California, if so i'd really appreciate a picture or two, i really would.
Has anybody got any preference or views on the colours too?
Thanks in advance..
Hi, we ordered blind (many moons ago) so I feel your pain. Obviously I’ll be biased on colour choice - but here a few pictures of our Ascot Grey in different lights/settings. We love it.

If you have any questions - happy to help where I can.

DCD30917-0E70-42C2-83B1-C144F57F84CA.jpeg

455963D3-FA6D-4CB7-AAF3-E3469B1D9CE6.jpeg

D3D30A5E-EA8B-4586-8079-C789C1753506.jpeg

Hi
Thanks for video clip, great. I see you also have an Ascot on order with the Sports pack! Did you see one in the flesh before you ordered?
Looks like you"ll be getting yours soon, great.....
Hi
Thinking of ordering bay leaf green, I saw an Ascot Grey Cali in the shade at the dealer and loved its recessive stealthy look - almost camouflage. As the pics above show it changes in the light, and looks great with the black sports pack accents.
I’d get white if I was planning to wrap it, but not convinced coloured wraps fit with the sports pack. (I don’t think VW will sell you a two-tone with sports pack either). I’m going keep it simple, and ppf the front end, ceramic coat the rest and minimise the chrome, all accessories black. I might even swap out the chrome grille and badges for black ones (doubt I’ll get round to it).
I’ve still never seen a sports pack in the flesh, but every photo confirms it to me that Springfields are the best looking factory wheel.

Hi, we ordered blind (many moons ago) so I feel your pain. Obviously I’ll be biased on colour choice - but here a few pictures of our Ascot Grey in different lights/settings. We love it.

If you have any questions - happy to help where I can.

View attachment 84367

View attachment 84368

View attachment 84369
Wow, it looks amazing. Do you have any pictures close up of the trim at all, front/rear and side trims. It looks to be lower too, is that just an illusion with the wheels black and the side trim making it look lower. The wheels look great.
Do you find it changes colour depending on how bright it is, I’ve seen a picture where the colour looks almost white & then another picture where it looks really like pale grey.
Gosh your California is really nice.
I really appreciate you posting those pictures. It’s such an unusual colour combo to see.
Thanks again

Hi
I too had considered the two tone but realised you can't spec the sports pack, also thought about wrapping but not really a fan. Did you find it looked more beige at the dealers while in the shade? Or was there still a hint of grey too?
I agree about the wheels, we really like them too, as for the grill chrome, i'd have to wait until i see it in the flesh, but do love the black trims etc.
I will also get the vehicle coated, our current vehicle was coated using Gtecniq i think, and it's kept really nice over the years.
Any idea when yours will be delivered? Ours is due next spring/summer, fingers crossed!

Hi
Thinking of ordering bay leaf green, I saw an Ascot Grey Cali in the shade at the dealer and loved its recessive stealthy look - almost camouflage. As the pics above show it changes in the light, and looks great with the black sports pack accents.
I’d get white if I was planning to wrap it, but not convinced coloured wraps fit with the sports pack. (I don’t think VW will sell you a two-tone with sports pack either). I’m going keep it simple, and ppf the front end, ceramic coat the rest and minimise the chrome, all accessories black. I might even swap out the chrome grille and badges for black ones (doubt I’ll get round to it).
I’ve still never seen a sports pack in the flesh, but every photo confirms it to me that Springfields are the best looking factory wheel

Hi
I’ve still never seen a sports pack in the flesh, but every photo confirms it to me that Springfields are the best looking factory wheel.
Hi again.
You mentioned blacked out grills and badges, any idea of where you can get that done, and idea of cost?
Thanks

Hi
I too had considered the two tone but realised you can't spec the sports pack, also thought about wrapping but not really a fan. Did you find it looked more beige at the dealers while in the shade? Or was there still a hint of grey too?
I agree about the wheels, we really like them too, as for the grill chrome, i'd have to wait until i see it in the flesh, but do love the black trims etc.
I will also get the vehicle coated, our current vehicle was coated using Gtecniq i think, and it's kept really nice over the years.
Any idea when yours will be delivered? Ours is due next spring/summer, fingers crossed!
I thought it looked off white pale grey in the shade at the dealer. When the sun hits it it reflects the yellow a bit - my daughter thought it looked the colour of ice cream, I knew what she meant. Either way it sort of recedes into its background, which I like. Someone on here called it a ‘non-colour’ and I know what she means too! All of this is similar to how white is perceived of course, in different light, a bit gentler with the Ascot though.
Not sure on delivery - should be mid October...
https://www.vanstyle.co.uk/van/replacement-front-rear-matte-black-badge-2015-p-6772.html

Wow, it looks amazing. Do you have any pictures close up of the trim at all, front/rear and side trims. It looks to be lower too, is that just an illusion with the wheels black and the side trim making it look lower. The wheels look great.
Do you find it changes colour depending on how bright it is, I’ve seen a picture where the colour looks almost white & then another picture where it looks really like pale grey.
Gosh your California is really nice.
I really appreciate you posting those pictures. It’s such an unusual colour combo to see.
Thanks again
Hi @Tilbo of the photos I have I’d say these two sum up the range in colours v brightness - creamy to white-ish.

The van is out tonight - I’ll get you some trim photos tomorrow.

Thanks for the compliments.

9B32F362-856E-4BF8-8C5B-42C6F0BE69E8.jpeg

B9028724-290E-4260-8879-A0E3871F27A9.jpeg

Thanks once again.
Is that a campsite you're parked up at there, what a great view!
Valley of Rocks - Devon - Nat Trust car park
Port Appin - West Coast of Scotland - CL
Staffin Beach - Isle of Skye - Wild

17 nights away in August - 2500 miles

@Tilbo rather than lowered its probably more “laden”

Although it does have “Suspension Range 267” (Now called SR 13) but seemingly nobody knows what that is yet!

Having hired an Ocean with 16” 215 tyres I can tell you the sports package 18” 245 on springfields the difference is night and day and it handles more like (not exactly like as it’s a 3t van) the Tiguan R Line 4Mo I had previously. PS: I am not really a petrol head

Valley of Rocks - Devon - Nat Trust car park
Port Appin - West Coast of Scotland - CL
Staffin Beach - Isle of Skye - Wild

17 nights away in August - 2500 miles
What a great trip, thanks for listing the places. Some great places.
17 nights in the camper, you lucky guy..How was living in it for that length of time?

@Tilbo rather than lowered its probably more “laden”

Although it does have “Suspension Range 267” (Now called SR 13) but seemingly nobody knows what that is yet!

Having hired an Ocean with 16” 215 tyres I can tell you the sports package 18” 245 on springfields the difference is night and day and it handles more like (not exactly like as it’s a 3t van) the Tiguan R Line 4Mo I had previously. PS: I am not really a petrol head
I also had noticed the suspension range, but as you said, nobody, inc VW can tell me what it is! Current vehicle is also 4m with 19" wheels, so i do like the firmer ride, and its great to know you feel it drives more "car like" than a van. I did hire one two years or so ago and took it to the Dordogne, that was probably on 16" wheels and it did feel like it was a van, floaty, bouncy and fun round bends, but we still loved it enough to consider buying one!
I've also considered having the suspension lowered by the dealer on delivery to them, but still undecided, i've got months of waiting and research before a decision is needed.
Thanks again for the pictures, it does look really good, i think it's colour for us now. (after having the last 2 cars both white i think it's time to try something new & cool, and Ascot looks to fit that bill)
Thanks.....

What a great trip, thanks for listing the places. Some great places.
17 nights in the camper, you lucky guy..How was living in it for that length of time?
Thankfully that was split over two trips. 11 nights straight but could’ve carried on - we tended to get irritable at 36-48 hours without a hot shower/flushing loo (we were mixing remote-ish places/camp sites) so that’s something to consider. Easily fixed mind.

I also had noticed the suspension range, but as you said, nobody, inc VW can tell me what it is! Current vehicle is also 4m with 19" wheels, so i do like the firmer ride, and its great to know you feel it drives more "car like" than a van. I did hire one two years or so ago and took it to the Dordogne, that was probably on 16" wheels and it did feel like it was a van, floaty, bouncy and fun round bends, but we still loved it enough to consider buying one!
I've also considered having the suspension lowered by the dealer on delivery to them, but still undecided, i've got months of waiting and research before a decision is needed.
Thanks again for the pictures, it does look really good, i think it's colour for us now. (after having the last 2 cars both white i think it's time to try something new & cool, and Ascot looks to fit that bill)
Thanks.....
Pleasure. The beauty of these vehicles is you can have them so many different ways - lowered, raised, sporty, classic, two tone… all the very best in making your choice!

An Ascot Grey high top conversion with black wheels (£57k!!)

After reading this thread I’ve just ordered a California Ocean in Ascot Grey with Sport Stying Pack. Thanks for the advice on colour. We are so excited!
Great choice.
Would still love to see pics of other colours with Sport Pack. I’ve seen White, Starlight Blue and Fortana Red, but not green (no longer available?) bronze, beige, black, etc etc

Breeze in Poole had 2 black California with Sports Packs. Someone else has said they look better on the lighter vans and I tend to agree. That’s the reason we went for Ascot Grey.

IMG_4916.jpeg

Back