Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

sportline wheels

B

brendan

VIP Member
HI ALL, CAN ANYONE HELP ON ALLOY WHEEL CHOICE, I WAS GOING TO PURCHASE A SET OF SPRTLINE 18" WHEELS FOR MY 2012 180 DSG CALI ARE THEY SUITABLE RATEING AS I WAS TOLD NOT. CHEERS BRENDAN :?

Hi Brendan Vw sportline wheels are one of the very few wheels that are rated for the Cali
There are multi spoke sportlines or the more modern ones that I have on mine. Word of caution
The early multispoke ones will not fit the 180 because of the bigger rear brake's. have a word with Alex at smg he sorted mine out for a great price :thumb

JUST SPOKE TO SMG NOT VERY HELPFUL AND ABRUBT, OH

brendan said:
JUST SPOKE TO SMG NOT VERY HELPFUL AND ABRUBT, OH

I must admit Brendan that doesn't sound like them at all .... Who did you speak to ..??

ALEX WASNT IN I THINK HIS NAME WAS STEVE. IVE SINCE SEEN SOME AT SWANSEA VAN CENTER NEW OG VW ONES £615 INC VAT HELPFUL AS WELL BONUS.( HOW COME THEY CAN GET THEM CHEAPER IN BATCHES THAN VW. :?

brendan said:
ALEX WASNT IN I THINK HIS NAME WAS STEVE. IVE SINCE SEEN SOME AT SWANSEA VAN CENTER NEW OG VW ONES £615 INC VAT HELPFUL AS WELL BONUS.( HOW COME THEY CAN GET THEM CHEAPER IN BATCHES THAN VW. :?

Does this include tyres?

James

Brendan

Be careful that they are the new style Sportlines (5-spoke) like these;

8u9uzu2a.jpg

as the older style ones don't fit the facelift 180 due to the larger disc calipers on the front

so NOT these;

y7ada6a7.jpg

*edit... Sorry Kev, just saw you already said this :doh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hi all no does'nt inc tyres, but still cheaper than smg and they are the new style.

Custard said:
Being a tiny bit 'old skool' VW (just a tiny bit)

It's hard not to like these Borbet Wheels

http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/17_Inch_ ... eels__2950

And SMG - the Ethos Alloy Wheels are very nice and they have a fantastic deal on for a set at the mo.

James

Love those Borbets... Would look good on the T4... And 17" is a good size for the Multivan... Just may have to take a closer look.

SimplyDubs said:
Custard said:
Being a tiny bit 'old skool' VW (just a tiny bit)

It's hard not to like these Borbet Wheels

http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/17_Inch_ ... eels__2950

And SMG - the Ethos Alloy Wheels are very nice and they have a fantastic deal on for a set at the mo.

James

Love those Borbets... Would look good on the T4... And 17" is a good size for the Multivan... Just may have to take a closer look.

I am deeply in love with those Borbets lol... Seriously in 17 inch guise, would love a set on my Beach.

They do 16 inch as well, I think with the van lowered they'd still look good :)

James

brendan said:
HI ALL, CAN ANYONE HELP ON ALLOY WHEEL CHOICE, I WAS GOING TO PURCHASE A SET OF SPRTLINE 18" WHEELS FOR MY 2012 180 DSG CALI ARE THEY SUITABLE RATEING AS I WAS TOLD NOT. CHEERS BRENDAN :?

Hi :hello just wondering how you got on re wheels ?. I have a set of sportline alloys at the top of my list of to buys for my 2012 140. Defo looking to have them before Cali's on the Farm meet :bananadance

Cheers

Steve

Sorry that you had a bad experience, I have onoly just seen this.

Did you manage to get a set of wheels in the end? I know our sets pretty much don't have any movement in the price which is why we have a set price for them.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers

smgcowfold said:
Sorry that you had a bad experience, I have onoly just seen this.

Did you manage to get a set of wheels in the end? I know our sets pretty much don't have any movement in the price which is why we have a set price for them.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers

Hi Alex

Out of interest what is your set price on the sportlines?

Steve

smgcowfold said:
Sportline wheels and tyres are £900 + VAT.

Thanks

Ok thanks Alex that's not as bad as I was expecting tbh. Looking at the sportlines, bike rack and side bars in the next few months.

Cheers

Steve

They are a budget tyre, otherwise the costs is prohibitive for a set of wheels and tyres.

I'm pretty sure that we have a set of sportlines with brand new continental tyres that are coming in next week though.

cheers

Thanks Alex

Not sure I've got the budget for them at the moment (and I really need to wear down the 17"ers a bit more first), otherwise I would have been interested in the ones with the Continentals on. I definitely wouldn't put cheap tyres on them.

Mark

Back