Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Split lower kitchen cupboard runner

K

KBR

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Sounds like you’ve saved a bit of ££ which is a good result. You may want to consider some Araldite-plastic to extend the life a bit.

You will have read/noticed that the doors ‘hang’ from the top brackets rather than sit in the guide channel as may seem logical. Accordingly you have the option to adjust how high/low they hang by making adjustments in the places pictured (4 x Allen key bolts across the 2 brackets suspending each door). If the rattle is driving you crazy then you may wish to loosen them off and lower the door by 1-2mm at a time until the amount of friction with the lower guide rail is sufficient to stop the rattle. Good luck!View attachment 74227
Thanks for this. Really appreciate it. This will be a weekend job for me. I don’t remember seeing that black end cover on my doors, is that something you added? What’s it for?

JunglieD

JunglieD

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Thanks for this. Really appreciate it. This will be a weekend job for me. I don’t remember seeing that black end cover on my doors, is that something you added? What’s it for?
No - I didn’t add it, so presume it’s original. It’s the rear of the ‘vertical brush’ if I recall correctly. Looks like pop rivets holding it in place. T6 Ocean. Good luck at the weekend

K

KBR

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
All done. Took all the shelves out, removed doors, took out runner. Gave it all a damn good clean. Then fixed runner with a bit of aradite although not sure how long that will hold. Put everything back and adjusted the doors, and I THINK they are better with less give. Next drive will see! Thanks again for the advice.