Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Spec'd Up and Ordered!!

Well done ... great to see that there is someone else out there who has ticked every box :)

We have just ordered today virtually an identical spec, though ours will be Starlight Blue and White, with a blue bellows. The only options we did not go for were the Servotronic (speed sensitive power steering) from the options list we have here. I did go for the Alcantara though I think it crazy that VW does not offer full leather (I nearly decided to go for cloth and just do the leather fit out locally - but thought it better to keep it 'factory'. I currently have an MY16 Cali Ocean, so the new things I am looking forward to is the bigger 204PS engine, Adaptive Cruise control, leather plus a new look. I am keen to see if there are any changes with the MY19 build. I expect to see the Cali in NZ around Oct/Nov based on the local VW teams view.
New Cali.png

In terms of discount, based on the OTR price we got about 6.8% knocked off the price; so not too bad really.

We had planned on just purchasing the Cali outright but the dealer convinced me that we should use the PCP deal because doing it that way we get 2 services for free and also a £1000 deposit contribution; our intention is to take delivery and then settle the PCP within the first month or so.

Here is the spec I've ordered...

Model: California Ocean 2.0 BiTDI 204PS EU6 StopStart BlueMotion DSG 4MOTION

Factory options...
  • Two-tone - Candy White-Cherry Red
  • Alcantara - Moonrock Grey
  • Decorative Insert Dark Brushed Silver Decorative Strip in Lower Outside Body Colour
  • Bellow Colour of Pop-Up Roof - Strawberry Red
  • Cupboard with Dark Wood Trim-With Outdoor Shower Connection
  • Comfort Lighting
  • Cruise Control - Adaptive including Front Assist and City Emergency Braking - Max Speed 99mph
  • LED Headlights with LED Daytime Running and Tailgate with Red Tail Lights
  • Side Scan with Cruise Control
  • Laminated Glass Package in Cab incl. privacy in rear
  • Leather Multi-function Sports Steering Wheel and Gear Knob with Radio and Telephone Controls
  • Multi-function Display Premium with Multi-colour Display and Driver Alert System
  • Discover Media Navigation System Plus
  • Chrome Pack
  • Hill Descent Control
  • Fuel Tank 80 Litre
  • Dynamic Chassis Control
  • Reversing Camera with Front and Rear Parking Sensors
  • Electric Sliding Door - Drivers Side
  • Bed Extension with Comfort Sleeping Mat
  • High Beam Assist
  • Awning - Silver Rail and Housing
  • Magnetic Flashlight
  • Central Locking - 4 Remote Folding Keys
  • Mud Flaps - Front and Rear
  • Lockable Storage Compartment
Dealer options...
  • Chrome Effect Protection Strip On Tailgate
  • Stainless Steel Effect Rear Bumper Protector
  • Door Sill Guards
  • Angled Side Chrome Bars
  • Paint Protection, Quartz .
  • Rear Tints To 80% (on top of factory tints)
  • First Aid Kit, Warning Triangle, Hi Vis Vest
We've also included the following...
  • 18" Discus White Alloy Wheels (the retro style wheels from the GenSix Special Edition)
  • Tracker
In terms of extra "service", we've added...
  • 4 x Service Package (first 2 are free with PCP)
  • Extended Warranty to 5 Years
Our dealer also knows a local firm who can add the 5th seat to the 4MOTION as if it was done in the factory so we are going to consider this after taking delivery.

So it's going to be a pretty high-spec'd Cali ;)
Hi - Do you have any info on the angled side chrome bars? Any photos of what this looks like?

Well done ... great to see that there is someone else out there who has ticked every box :)

We have just ordered today virtually an identical spec, though ours will be Starlight Blue and White, with a blue bellows. The only options we did not go for were the Servotronic (speed sensitive power steering) from the options list we have here. I did go for the Alcantara though I think it crazy that VW does not offer full leather (I nearly decided to go for cloth and just do the leather fit out locally - but thought it better to keep it 'factory'. I currently have an MY16 Cali Ocean, so the new things I am looking forward to is the bigger 204PS engine, Adaptive Cruise control, leather plus a new look. I am keen to see if there are any changes with the MY19 build. I expect to see the Cali in NZ around Oct/Nov based on the local VW teams view.
View attachment 34034

I like all the two-tone Cali's; for me it was a close call between white over blue or white over red but in the end red won that one; although I have to say, it does look very good in blue.

Sounds like you got a good spec too; leather would have been a nice option for sure and had it been available I would have picked it but here in the UK we don't get that option either.

According to our dealer, there is nothing major planned in terms of differences between the MY18 and the MY19 although he did say it would likely include a few very minor tweaks here and there as they continue to refine the design; I guess until we get official word from VW about any changes, we won't know.

Anyway, congrats on getting your order in and like us, I'm sure you are looking forward to your new CaliO's arrival :thumb

Last edited:
Hi - Do you have any info on the angled side chrome bars? Any photos of what this looks like?

We picked the angled side bars out of the official VW accessories catalogue; here is a link to it...

https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/c...nt/renditions/original./range_accessories.pdf

See item 13 on page 8.

Here is a pic showing what they look like...

angled-side-bars-2.jpg

When we were at the dealership placing our order I asked about them and it just so happened they were fitting a set to a brand new Cali for a customer and so the dealer took me into the workshop to take a look at them in the flesh; I know they are not for everyone but to me at least they look great ;)

We have the angled side bars on ours they just fill that space and they look nice oh and by the way that's a really good spec we have a 204 DSG and it's amazing much better than the 180 :thumb

204PS has been reduced to 199PS for MY19, just a bit of info, sure it won't make any difference LOL

We have the angled side bars on ours they just fill that space and they look nice oh and by the way that's a really good spec we have a 204 DSG and it's amazing much better than the 180 :thumb

Thanks ;) can't wait for it to arrive but I'm in for a long wait I think; should be worth it though.

As for the side bars, to me they really enhance the overall look of the Cali whilst still remaining quite subtle; good to know you find the 204 DSG a big improvement on the 180.

I like all the two-tone Cali's; for me it was a close call between white over blue or white over red but in the end red won that one; although I have to say, it does look very good in blue.

Sounds like you got a good spec too; leather would have been a nice option for sure and had it been available I would have picked it but here in the UK we don't get that option either.

According to our dealer, there is nothing major planned in terms of differences between the MY18 and the MY19 although he did say it would likely include a few very minor tweaks here and there as they continue to refine the design; I guess until we get official word from VW about any changes, we won't know.

Anyway, congrats on getting your order in and like us, I'm sure you are looking forward to your new CaliO's arrival :thumb
Re SPARE WHEEL. Hi - Just checking. Given you have ordered a similar spec to us with the white disk alloys and 4motion, are you going to order a spare wheel for this? As I understand it the spec I have ordered does not come with a spare - yet I assume it can still take a spare?

Re SPARE WHEEL. Hi - Just checking. Given you have ordered a similar spec to us with the white disk alloys and 4motion, are you going to order a spare wheel for this? As I understand it the spec I have ordered does not come with a spare - yet I assume it can still take a spare?
Having read recent queries on this forum - it appears that a spare is only not an option if you go for the largest alloy size (providing you don’t order that then even with 4 motion there is space for a spare - although harder to get at if you order a tow bar) - it is surprising how much knowledge you can absorb from this forum

Having read recent queries on this forum - it appears that a spare is only not an option if you go for the largest alloy size (providing you don’t order that then even with 4 motion there is space for a spare - although harder to get at if you order a tow bar) - it is surprising how much knowledge you can absorb from this forum
I have in fact ordered the 18" 'Disk' retro alloys - so not sure if they will work. I will check with one of the more knowledgeable local VW dealers - as I tend to know more than them most of the time - thanks to the forum :)

We've ordered the 4MOTION too and a "steel" spare wheel comes as standard.

For me, I view the spare just as a "get me home" or "get me to the nearest garage" type of thing and so I wouldn't consider paying the extra for an alloy spare; besides, based on what I'm paying VW for the full set of 18" Discus White Alloy Wheels it would mean the spare would cost an eye watering £857!!

Back