Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Spare clip for folding chair

mikeelawson

mikeelawson

BOOMEL
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I have only had had my Cali for a few days and have already broken something The clip that holds the folding chair in the back tailgate. Any idea where I can get a replacement? Are they easy to replace ( see photo). Regards, Mike

20210307_074538.jpg

Mike, I had the same problem. It was broken already when I was taking over my new car. Pretty low quality plastic:(
My dealer was able to get the spare part second day. I would try to claim it on warranty, you won’t be first I think.

Mike, I had the same problem. It was broken already when I was taking over my new car. Pretty low quality plastic:(
My dealer was able to get the spare part second day. I would try to claim it on warranty, you won’t be first I think.
Thanks

Hi all

I see that this was asked several years ago but I wondered if anyone had actually purchased a replacement retention clip for the folding chair, which is stored in the tailgate on the Cali. Literally the first time I pulled the chair out of the brand new van, just to remove the polythene cover and, well I pulled and the clip broke in half and pinged across the driveway! I didn’t know there was a securing clip as it was covered by the polythene! The van is going back in a month due to a few issues (I’ll list them all later if they are not dealt with, but the service team seem to be happy to sort them all) so I could wait, but I’m going away before that and thought I could sort the clip easy enough myself - if I can buy one! But I cannot find one!! Any ideasy where to purchase it from?