Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

space for powered wheel chair

Z

zippi

Hi all,

I am currently trying to decide between a conversion vs 2 (rear) seater Beach. I think the deciding factor may be whether I can fit my son's powered wheelchair into the beach somehow. It is only for transport (be stored in awning overnight) and would have to be strapped down, but in theory I would be happy with it in front or behind the 2 seat bench.

I havent been able to find a Beach yet to have a look at in person, and wonder if anybody could help me out.

When the 2 seat bench is in its standard position - what is the maximum distance between the front of the bench and the rear of the front seats? Is this (furthest back) position the position for the bed?

I'm assuming if i removed the multiflex board and its frame i could push the bench further forward to give me enough space behind - but how easy is it to do this? (also bearing in mind i would still have to carry the frame for the bed)

If any one could help I would be very grateful - especially as I am leaning towards wanting a beach (over a conversion) not least becuase of the safety aspects of the seats for my kids!

:thanks :help

We have a used Beach in stock that you could look at. Pretty sure it is a 2 seat one as well.

Thanks

Hi
At floor level there is 100cm, at the seat level this reduces to 88cm due to rear seat overhang and front seat angle. Obviously this will alter a bit depending how far back and what angle you have the front seat.
You would get quite a bit more room without the multiflex board. The multiflex is quite heavy and awkward to remove unfortunately. Maybe an option would be to get a converter to make a different multiflex that's more space efficient.

:thanks all, much appreciated for getting the tape measure out owen and I may take you up on your offer smgcowfold if my work brings me down your way!

But I think the best option is definitely to see one for myself

:thanks

Where are you located? There's most likely someone near by with one.

I'm in Manchester and have a two seater :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hiya, I'm in Swindon!

Thanks for the offer! If I'm really struggling I will let you know!

:thanks