Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Solution for how much gas is left in the bottle

Very interesting thread , thanks all.

Is it safe to transport a spare 907/904 in the boot - not in its compartment?
Or is the twin connection regulator plus the small CV470 a better option ?
Practically everyone you see with a tent and a cooker/gas bbq will transport a bottle in their car. Theyre designed for portable use.

I use one of these, bought based on the highest Amazon score for this brand..
and it's only a tenner or so.
in combo with the chart attached below which is taped inside the rear wardrobe door..
https://amzn.to/3ucsw9v
View attachment 116290

View attachment 116289
You know, sometimes I think I’m pretty smart, but other times, so dumb! This is one of those. We have luggage scales similar to these, but I’ve not thought to use them on my bottles - and I’ve been standing on bathroom scales like a Wally all this time. :headbang

Practically everyone you see with a tent and a cooker/gas bbq will transport a bottle in their car. Theyre designed for portable use.
True. But there’s also a reason the internal gas bottle sits in its well. More protection if you have an accident.

But as you say, 90% of people who camp are carrying around a CG bottle loose.

True. But there’s also a reason the internal gas bottle sits in its well. More protection if you have an accident.

But as you say, 90% of people who camp are carrying around a CG bottle loose.
That's true, but the well's primary function is as a gas safe locker, venting to the outside in case of a leak rather than priming a gas bomb by leaking into the cabin where there are spark sources.

Remember to turn off the valve at the bottle when driving, otherwise an accident might....:eek:

That's true, but the well's primary function is as a gas safe locker, venting to the outside in case of a leak rather than priming a gas bomb by leaking into the cabin where there are spark sources.

Remember to turn off the valve at the bottle when driving, otherwise an accident might....:eek:
I found in the rental we had this year, the regulator twice unscrewed itself when I went to switch off before driving. I had re-tightened it by hand the first time.

Kind of alarming. I read somewhere on here this happened to someone else. Must rattle itself loose while bumping about along the road.

Do you turn off the valve in the well every time you drive ?

I've only been asked to do so at Eurotunnel, BTW

I found in the rental we had this year, the regulator twice unscrewed itself when I went to switch off before driving. I had re-tightened it by hand the first time.

Kind of alarming. I read somewhere on here this happened to someone else. Must rattle itself loose while bumping about along the road.
Make sure the cylinder is wedged properly. My Cali has a neoprene "doorstop" but I also pack the cylinder with some cardboard to ensure it can't move at all.

Do you turn off the valve in the well every time you drive ?

I've only been asked to do so at Eurotunnel, BTW
At the end of each trip, not everyday if I'm bimbling about. Certainly if I'm covering any distance. If you don't clutter the shelf it's a two minute job.

At the end of each trip, not everyday if I'm bimbling about. Certainly if I'm covering any distance. If you don't clutter the shelf it's a two minute job.
> If you don't clutter the shelf
guess what ...

Back