Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Solar Panels

Indeed - but I've not had the chance to play. It would be connecting the solar regulator battery output to chassis that would perhaps then let the VW system recognise the charge coming from the regulator.

When I've got customer's vans in for installations it is a case of install while-u-wait - so I don't really get the chance to play.

Apols. Perhaps I was not too clear @WelshGas. When camped up without ehu, the control panel reads the leisure battery voltage as it would be if there were no solar imput ie every day the voltage reduces. However, turn on the ignition and the control panel immediately recognises the true voltage of the leisure batteries that have been charged by the solar panels. Turn the ignition off and the control panel again becomes blindsided to the solar imput and will reduce voltage number according to how much it 'thinks' the leisure batteries are using from fridge etc. Does that make sense? @Loz wired his solars differently and it does not do have the blindspot. @Roger Donoghue said he would look into this phenomena and I was wondering if he had done so.
Cheers
So have found this post and am wondering… if my display shows a false reading of battery at 50% (Solar puts battery at 13.7)… what happens when the battery reads 10% etc. Will the fridge still work or will it be shut off given the van thinks the batteries are almost out?

So have found this post and am wondering… if my display shows a false reading of battery at 50% (Solar puts battery at 13.7)… what happens when the battery reads 10% etc. Will the fridge still work or will it be shut off given the van thinks the batteries are almost out?
The fridge and Parking Heater will Switch Off when the Voltage drops to 11.5v.
if you switch the Control Panel OFF using L lower button then ON after 30 secs the % reading will recalibrate, or start engine.

Nothing is controlled by the % reading.

The fridge and Parking Heater will Switch Off when the Voltage drops to 11.5v.
if you switch the Control Panel OFF using L lower button then ON after 30 secs the % reading will recalibrate, or start engine.

Nothing is controlled by the % reading.
Thanks that’s really helpful. Will give the on/off a go now. Thank you