Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

sods law and a host of warranty issues!

David Eccles

David Eccles

VIP Member
so issue 13 of VWbus comes out with my column all about one year on from buying a Cali and how only probs have been due the dumb owner :D
next week however - roof not seating issues resulting in need to have canvas and a scissor arm replaced.
then as result of weekend camping at CoTF had to add following list of issues when taking bus in today for roof! plus what dealer is doing.
Tap fell off. To be replaced. Common fault.
Coolbox lid came away from groved seat! Apparently seen 4 times recently by dealer! To be replaced - 3 parts built up and then fitted back on.
Tailgate brake light not seating. Replace lens and seal.
LH Windscreen wiper not wiping screen. To be investigated still.
really reallt bad squeak from overhead cupboard unless driving on perfect flat road. To be investigated still.
Charging issues. Only used heater, radio and lights very sparingly, coolbox on 2, but by Sun morning radio and display console had low battery warnings. Had just driven 170 miles on fri. Baterries on overnight charge to see if any fault, charging rates to be checked AND IMPORTANTLY, VW to be contacted for definitive advice re charging batteries and if as some say need to plug in at home regularly.
and the roof? "we are working on it sir" :lol:
may take a few days methinks..still they loaned me a nice 180PS double door kombi with a host of extras so not bad.
And cant speak too highly of Listers Van Centre Coventry - unlike some dealers they have a full time factory trained Cali technician and their customer service oustanding.

Not a good week David... And Sod's law does indeed always strike!

That being said... I can vouch for Listers... They've looked after me exceptionally well over the last 4 years. One of the best Cali garages.

They also know to treat it as a "luxury" and not a business van.

Rgds
M

Another shout out for Listers. again looked after me for the last 3 years.

David Eccles said:
so issue 13 of VWbus comes out with my column all about one year on from buying a Cali and how only probs have been due the dumb owner :D
next week however - roof not seating issues resulting in need to have canvas and a scissor arm replaced.
then as result of weekend camping at CoTF had to add following list of issues when taking bus in today for roof! plus what dealer is doing.
Tap fell off. To be replaced. Common fault.
Coolbox lid came away from groved seat! Apparently seen 4 times recently by dealer! To be replaced - 3 parts built up and then fitted back on.
Tailgate brake light not seating. Replace lens and seal.
LH Windscreen wiper not wiping screen. To be investigated still.
really reallt bad squeak from overhead cupboard unless driving on perfect flat road. To be investigated still.
Charging issues. Only used heater, radio and lights very sparingly, coolbox on 2, but by Sun morning radio and display console had low battery warnings. Had just driven 170 miles on fri. Baterries on overnight charge to see if any fault, charging rates to be checked AND IMPORTANTLY, VW to be contacted for definitive advice re charging batteries and if as some say need to plug in at home regularly.
and the roof? "we are working on it sir" :lol:
may take a few days methinks..still they loaned me a nice 180PS double door kombi with a host of extras so not bad.
And cant speak too highly of Listers Van Centre Coventry - unlike some dealers they have a full time factory trained Cali technician and their customer service oustanding.

Hi David

Sorry to hear of all your issues, I dropped in to lister Coventry myself today for the exact same fault with my fridge lid.

Hope you get all issues fixed in good time

Cheers

Steve

Hi all
On Tuesday the 7th May We went to the Isle of Skye for a couple of days and a trip to the Applecross Loop on the west of Scotland, very good weather too. On a C&C campsite near Oban the radio reception on the RNS510 was so poor as only 1 and sometimes 2 stations were listed .
Of course the 3 G dongle was no use at all,most of the time, likewise the Mobile phone. whilst on Skye. We left Oban on Sunday and drove home about ,400 miles.
180 DSG 4 Motion. Drove like a dream. The only problems were a very slight tap from the cooker lid when hitting one of the many potholes. And some loose stitching on the rear seat cushion, will have to talk to the dealer.
Would I buy another Cali ??? yes without doubt
Richard

collecting tomorrow all done apart from coolbox lid which will be done next week! :D
battery charging update:
apparently the facelift models do charge all batteries when engine running but 3rd is last to take up any juice and can easily run down and not charge up fully when driving, especially if not fully charged up after being used recently
Instruction from VW is (as said on here and advised by folks at CoTF) stick on hook up overnight at home every month (or after using as well prob) to ensure this battery gets a deep charge. Best get into the habit then!

Back