Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

So who is into model making?

I bought a pair of these glasses. I don't know where they can be sourced in the UK but they are ACE!
The optional LED lights take away all doubt from believing what you see. Of course they look ridiculous, but youre a crafter, who cares!

Tried something similar, but as I wear varifocal glasses just couldn’t get on with them and constantly taking off to read instructions was a real faf.

I'm sure I'm not alone in enjoying making things and this Christmas I've done very well with a number of model kits to make.
The 1st was a Steam Punk Kitchen Timer guaranteed to be heard all over the house.
View attachment 71173
Electronically timed which alarms by powering up an air compressor to sound an Air horn.
My next model is the Lego Technic Land Rover Defender. The book of plans runs to 489 pages.
View attachment 71182

There are 2 more models to follow, a scale model Steam Train and another Lego Technic kit, an 8 wheel drive All Terrain remote control vehicle. Happy Days.
So anyone else into this, during Lockdown.

I'm sure I'm not alone in enjoying making things and this Christmas I've done very well with a number of model kits to make.
The 1st was a Steam Punk Kitchen Timer guaranteed to be heard all over the house.
View attachment 71173
Electronically timed which alarms by powering up an air compressor to sound an Air horn.
My next model is the Lego Technic Land Rover Defender. The book of plans runs to 489 pages.
View attachment 71182

There are 2 more models to follow, a scale model Steam Train and another Lego Technic kit, an 8 wheel drive All Terrain remote control vehicle. Happy Days.
So anyone else into this, during Lockdown.
Three of mine, T3 Autosleeper Trident, T1 Devon Caravette and T2 bus. T6 Cali in build.

Here's one for you @WelshGas
My next model making project is a wooden clock comprising of 68 pieces.
Each piece has to be hand made. I suspect you would enjoy this.
Clock-49-Sheet-1.png

I’m a qualified Horologist!
I’m a Pisces, will I have a good year?? :) :) ;)

You can see from #193 that I’m just about to build my first timepiece.

Are there any short courses on horology for enthusiasts rather than those who want to become professional, do you know?

There is a guy on YouTube called Mark Lovick (watch repair channel) who offers short courses

There is a guy on YouTube called Mark Lovick (watch repair channel) who offers short courses
Thanks for that 787. I found the videos fascinating

I had a look at the strip down and rebuild of the £30k Rolex. That’s definitely a game for someone with 20/20 vision isn’t it?

I think I will stick to my 8” wide cogs on the wooden clock but kinder to these eyes.

I’m a qualified Horologist!
Aah so it is a rebuild / restoration project?

I thought that perhaps there was a company out there offering self build kits to give choice and personalisation!

There is a local small watch makers near me in sussex building fabulous watches in an array of unusual and bespoke materials with high end designerly work. Really interesting timepieces with quartz internals but lovely styling cues. I love reading their weekly blogs.

Would love to ‘custom build’ a watch but need to have more of a creative input!

Back