Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Snow

calikev

calikev

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Just started to snow in Kettering. Is it snowing where you are? And where are you? :crazy

Has been for about an hour here in Bromsgrove. Good layer but not enough for a snowman but plenty to stop the folks getting up the road! We have grit bins at the top of the slight hill but none at the bottom. Written to the council each year but nothing happens.

Went shopping earlier today....store was packed; worse than Crimbo!!

I think it's heading my way. Looks like I shall be staying in on the forum tonight
Boring the pants of everybody, :barmy thinking of ideas to make things better. :pat

Snowing just north of Banbury & settling. We also went shopping. There was a bit of Dunkirk spirit going on.... (not)

just been out to drain the water in the van and it is frozen solid. Doh!

More importantly will you be going out to play in the Cali. I love taking my cars for a spin in the snow. Only chance I've had so far was the day I picked it up, Christmas eve 2010. I wasn't too confident then to test it out in the snow, I might be tomorrow.

Nothing here in Cambridge yet. :cry:

Not the Fail! Maybe the MX-5. Most likely the little Suzuki Jimmy which is a brilliant little thing when the roads are bad (or there aren't any roads!)

Our 3.2l TT was great fun in the snow. Drifted it into my girlfriends company last year in the snow. She wasn't impressed. She works for a small automotive company, oh and it's her car!

Still no snow here.

Snow here and settling on the Leicestershire / Warwickshire border :barmy

Californiaman said:
Not the Fail! Maybe the MX-5. Most likely the little Suzuki Jimmy which is a brilliant little thing when the roads are bad (or there aren't any roads!)

We had a Jimny for two years - utterly brilliant in snow, off road (did EXTREME greenlaning in ours many times - breezed almost all of it). SO under-rated.

The Defender 110XS we had after it was obviously good too but had a horrendous turning circle and broke down a lot. The Jimny was ultra reliable. At one point we had one and so did my mum, my inlaws and wife's grandparents!!

Snowed yesterday and flurries today. Minus 10 to 13 all week. We are in Germany though! :D

Fairly new to the 180 DSG so getting used to her and did have fun in the snow as hit the throttle from the lights and skewed a bit sideways causing some alarm with the locals. Have winter tyres (german law) so think took a liberty too far. Worked out engage D, let foot brake off, roll forward into D2 under 'D power' and then press accelerator. Sweet! Now cleared the path and a mild minus 5.

I've just been out to knock the snow off the gazebo. Shani did it earlier. It's good snow too. If Scotland had've won I might have built an igloo!!

sprinkling in Didcot (although some would say lots) - tbh looks to be raining slush now.

Landy is in the garage still waiting for me to have time to finish putting it's new engine in so I'm hoping that the snow is not going to be bad - as nothing more fun than pulling chavs out of ditches.

Having said that playing in the snow does return a comical 5mpg.

Just been for a 2 mile walk after a pint in the local. Had to help push out one of those crap BMW's from the car park, they are useless in the snow.

Martin - why do you turn off the traction control. Someone said to do that in the TT but to be honest the 4x4 with it on seems to work fine. What am I missing?

Some traction control systems get confused by snow or very slippery mud. In which case you need to be in full control - has got us out of two tricky spots in the BM and once in our old Defender. It can also be fun for keen drivers - when the family aren't in the car and its dry, I often turn ours fully off and play on the limit driving.
Unlikely it needs much intervention in a California but if I got stuck, I'd try again with traction off.