Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Small dilemma...

KernowLad

Gone, but not forgotten!
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
We're due to camp this weekend but have been a bit slack about night temperatures. They are currently very low! We're heading to the New Forest and I think we'll need a roof cover - the Pucer seems to be the only one that works with roof bars (which we use a lot) - not convinced on the internal Bradrup one (plus it's mega money)!

Anyway, I've emailed Darren about getting a cover by Thursday but I'm anticipating it might be a bit short notice.

Any other suggestions apart from hoping night temperatures rise a bit by next week?!!

Use your heater we camped last week -6. Heater on 3 all night no probs :thumb
Forrest of dean

Calikev said:
Use your heater we camped last week -6. Heater on 3 all night no probs :thumb
Forrest of dean

Agree with Kevin on this one... Slept many times in sub zero temps.

Good bedding and setting the heater to come on in the early hours so it's nice and cosy in the morning.

Tend not to leave it on permanently, actually like it a little chilly when drifting off.

M

If it was just us, we wouldn't bat an eyelid but the kids, aged 1 and 3, will be sleeping upstairs. They were fine in about 5 or 6 degrees and heater on all night but don't want to push it. Darren has actually emailed me back to ask what van type its for so I hope he may have some Pucers (bizarre name!) in stock. We shall see.

Two other Californias in Godrevy car park today. Common as muck!!

Skywalker said:
KernowLad said:
Pucers (bizarre name!)

I might be wrong, but isn't that Darren's surname?

Probably! Just looks a little strange if you say it as it's spelt. Just me being childish.

we've used the heater once, on Exmoor last weekend, just to take the nip out of the air before bed - 5.5 deg that night. other than that decent sleeping bags do the trick. Little n and misses slept in cali and I was in a tent with the other kiddo...

All being well, we should have a Pucer cover by either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Forecast looks wet and chilly so I'd rather be safe than sorry!

When you get it, could you post some pictures, and a quick review?
Thanks
Luke

But of course - might not have time until after the weekend.

Arrived this morning. Not fitted it yet but initial impressions are very good. Extremely easy and simple to fit - essential with two restless young kids - well made and easy to store; think small tent in dimensions when in the bag.

Should suit us perfectly as we need something that works with roof bars. Looking forward to using it on Thursday and at the weekend. Looks like we will need it!

Careful when you take it off as it tends to get caught on the roof supports which can lead to little ' nicks ' in the silver covering. I got hold of a roll of thin silver tape to repair the odd nick.

BerndRos said:
Careful when you take it off as it tends to get caught on the roof supports which can lead to little ' nicks ' in the silver covering. I got hold of a roll of thin silver tape to repair the odd nick.

Handy tip - cheers! :thumb

Back