Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Small can opener/Leatherman 'pliers' type corkscrew

Baldrick

Baldrick

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Can anyone recommend a decent small can opener? I managed to break the one on my Leatherman, attempting to open a rare can without a pull. Subsequently found I can't get a mini Leatherman with a corkscrew on - admittedly only first world tragic - it was an average corkscrew at best.
Thanks

I think you can get spare parts from Leatherman

Can anyone recommend a decent small can opener? I managed to break the one on my Leatherman, attempting to open a rare can without a pull. Subsequently found I can't get a mini Leatherman with a corkscrew on - admittedly only first world tragic - it was an average corkscrew at best.
Thanks
Go for a Swisstool instead. Compact and their warranty and repair options are much superior to Leatherman. I have both (can anyone have too many multi-tools? No! never). The Swisstool is in the Cali - always ready for use (https://www.swisstool.co.uk/st/original-red/) . The Leatherman is in the tool box as it is larger and so used more for larger jobs ... but always available and handy. :thumb

I’m amazed those Victorinox champ knifes in the above post are just £60 for something of such quality from Switzerland. I had to replace my trusted one of many years after it got confiscated by security boarding a train in Shenzhen along with cans of deodorant and shaving foam. My farewell photo :(

4E758269-E50D-4070-ADBC-CD9B4A792B83.jpeg

I’m amazed those Victorinox champ knifes in the above post are just £60 for something of such quality from Switzerland. I had to replace my trusted one of many years after it got confiscated by security boarding a train in Shenzhen along with cans of deodorant and shaving foam. My farewell photo :(

View attachment 85968
Can never understand how you can even sell/ buy a knife based on the experience of an army who haven’t seen action since 1847! Buy the proven, made in Sheffield, British army knife;

Can never understand how you can even sell/ buy a knife based on the experience of an army who haven’t seen action since 1847! Buy the proven, made in Sheffield, British army knife;
£33??? I wish I'd kept my issued one!

Word of warning on the locking blade, they are not legal in the UK. They do a non-locking version if you fancy one.
Locking knifes are legal in the UK. You must however have a good reason to carry one in public.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Locking knifes are legal in the UK. You must however have a good reason to carry one in public.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
Wrong, they are illegal to possess in the UK in a public place UNLESS you have very specific reasons for having it in your possession. The reasons are very narrow and YOU would have to prove them in a court of law. Believe me it is a lot of hassle you don’t want to get into.

I thought it was ok to carry any knife so long as the blade is under 3 inches in length. ?????

On my christmas list ( no knife, multi tool) knife replaced with scissors.

8C413B90-7DE3-4B65-A440-6E33BD9D51DE.png

Thanks

I can vouch for excellent service from Leatherman replacing multi tools that have failed during use., as they are covered by 25 year warranty. My son's Wingman was replaced without quibble after he snapped the screwdriver bit. Just paid the postage with the form downloaded from the link above. Was replaced in about a fortnight. No proof of purchase required

88F875CC-8989-43E2-9D18-D0B47031371E.jpeg
Consider this specimen from 1880, over 100 blades and also includes a 22 cabinet five-shot pin fire revolver.

Back