Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Slight whirring noise when unlocking and locking doors T6.1

Kemper-van

Kemper-van

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi all,
Probably a stupid question, but each time I unlock or lock my T6.1 Beach Camper, I hear a silent whirring noise from somewhere in the front (standing outside).
Once the car is open and one of the doors is open for a longer time, I noticed this sound is coming on & off from time to time, as if some electrical component is charging current or something. It’s not really loud, but started to annoy me in the evening on a campsite.

Any one else experiencing this? What could it be?

thanks in advance!
Kemper-van

Hi all,
Probably a stupid question, but each time I unlock or lock my T6.1 Beach Camper, I hear a silent whirring noise from somewhere in the front (standing outside).
Once the car is open and one of the doors is open for a longer time, I noticed this sound is coming on & off from time to time, as if some electrical component is charging current or something. It’s not really loud, but started to annoy me in the evening on a campsite.

Any one else experiencing this? What could it be?

thanks in advance!
Kemper-van
There is an electric fuel pump that pressurises the fuel pump if the vehicle is unlocked and the drivers door opened. Ready for engine start.

fuel pump priming. or hard drive spinning up for infotainment ?

Thanks for the replies! That is probably it. Never noticed it on any other car so far (although i've driven several VW's and Audi's for years), hence I couldn't locate the sound.
I also noticed it during the night when the air heater is on 'continous' mode. Probably exactly the same happening there just before the heater kicks in after the van cooled down below set temperature.

thanks again!!