Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding door electric lock?? Can't open from inside.

ka4564

ka4564

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi there,
We have recently bought a new cali we have noticed two things about the side door. Firstly we hear a motor noise that pulls the door into the van when you shut maybe an electric locking mechanism. And also we cannot open the door from the inside.
p.s. we've tried the child lock but we still can't open the door from the inside when its either positions.
Is this normal?
Hope you can help

Yes, it has an electrectric closing help, that's what you hear when you close it. So you don't have to slam it shut.

Depending on how you locked the car, you may need to use the opening lever TWICE to open the sliding door. As any of the other doors except the driver's door.

When we use the remote, and push the ' open' button once, only the driver's door opens. When we push it twice, all doors open. It is the same when you want to open the doors from inside. E.g. if you have closed all doors using the key switch on the driver's door, the driver's door will open using the lever once, all other doors will need using the lever twice, if you want to open them individually. If you use the switch on the driver's door again, using it once will open all doors.

Thanks bvddobb we've tried just about everything and nothing seems to work so the van is booked in for local VW garage

When we use the remote, and push the ' open' button once, only the driver's door opens. When we push it twice, all doors open.
Odd. Ours doesn't work like that; all the doors open at the first press. Must be an option you can program in ....

Same here. 1 press and all 4 doors open.

1 press drivers door only 2 nd press all doors.

Think they must have changed it on more recent models.

Must be an option you can program in
That's my experience.
When I got it, my T5 initially opened all doors with the first remote unlock press. I have since used VAGCOM to change this to open the driver's door on the first press, and the remainder of the doors on the second press. You can also isolate the rear doors/tailgate from any remote locking if you want, then you have to use the key. I shall use this option when I have finished my conversion (including a 'garage' area at the rear).
There are also settings to lock all doors when moving above 15kph and/or to unlock them when removing the key from the ignition (otherwise the door locks need to be used twice to unlock).

My Superb allows you to select some of these options via the MFD rather than having to use VAGCOM. It also includes 'all left doors' and 'all right doors' - more useful as it's a car.

Back