Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ski resort in VW California

Actionwave

Actionwave

Novice California Owner
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I have heard that there are now some Ski resorts in the Alps where you can park your camper and have access to a a warm room where you can eat, cook and dry your ski wear , specifically for camper vans and Motor homes.
has anyone any information on this as would like to take our van skiing but need the drying and some indoor facility as we are family of 4.

Lots of threads on here with info, but worth looking at the one in Bourg St Maurice to start with as it has all you're looking for, and is in the centre of a valley with numerous resorts nearby.

That said, four in camper for skiing may be a stretch!

I have heard that there are now some Ski resorts in the Alps where you can park your camper and have access to a a warm room where you can eat, cook and dry your ski wear , specifically for camper vans and Motor homes.
has anyone any information on this as would like to take our van skiing but need the drying and some indoor facility as we are family of 4.
St. Anton in Austria has this arrangement. You cannot cook and eat in the room. However you have a basin to wash in, a shower, a toilet a nd a sink to wash up in. Also electric hookup. There is separate building with lockers for skis and boots (boot heaters!) Hot water a plenty, lovely shower, but expensive electricity (however it is your hookup, shower and heating in the room.

Le Martagon Merribel . Small , fantastic facilities , excellent restaurant on site . 2 mins from lifts / free bus , 5 mins Merribel village .

Last edited:
Think you could do Cali ski trip with 2 people but I think that 4 would be ok for no more than a couple of days.

We have stayed at the Huttopia site in Bourg Saint Maurice here they have good facilities and a bus to the funicular up to Arc 1600.

yes there’s a site near st Anton (Pettneu) with this set up (ex cooking). I’ve posted about our trip last February on here. Sorry am on phone on train so can’t work out how to add the link. If you search ski Austria Pettneu it should come up. Happy to answer any questions you have. Thoroughly recommend skiing in a Cali and that site.

Lots of threads on here with info, but worth looking at the one in Bourg St Maurice to start with as it has all you're looking for, and is in the centre of a valley with numerous resorts nearby.

That said, four in camper for skiing may be a stretch!
We have done 4 + dog and yes a stretch