Ski camping with good facilities

Kmann

Kmann

Iben & Henrik
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
I have been looking for a campsite for skiing with good facilities for storing and drying clothes and direct access (walking distance) to a lift. I am not a too demanding skier so it has not to bee a huge area.

I plan to drive down and pitch the car. But need somewhere to store/dry the clothes (I am not going to do it in the car), nearby slopes and restaurants.

Do you have any good recommendations or ideas?

Never went skiing and camping at thesame time :D but i think Austria is the place to look for good wintercampings close to skipistes.

Maybe I mentioned it somewhere else however Garmisch in Germany has a great camping spot. Or where would you like to go and stay?

Last edited:
I am all into skiing. And from my observations, mountain campings are pretty overpriced.
Right now we are in South Tyrol and camping cost around 35 eur in our village. I managed to find a 20eur per day apartment. Of course it is offseason.
Campings are good when you can't plan and need to stay for 1-2 nights. But in most cases, campings near the ski areas have all the facilities required for skiing.
After sleeping in cali with -15 outside it was ok, but I figured that cali isn't really good for serious winter camping. Pure lack of bottom isolation makes it weird even with the heater at full. You have those strong cold currents flowing through the interior.

I have been looking for a campsite for skiing with good facilities for storing and drying clothes and direct access (walking distance) to a lift. I am not a too demanding skier so it has not to bee a huge area.

I plan to drive down and pitch the car. But need somewhere to store/dry the clothes (I am not going to do it in the car), nearby slopes and restaurants.

Do you have any good recommendations or ideas?
You could try Camping Arlberg at Pettneu nr st Anton. Has drying room/private bathroom. You need to take the free bus to/from slopes each day. We stayed and really enjoyed it. See my post “Austria skiing”.