Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Shower not working

altvic

altvic

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
the kitchen tap is working with giod stream if water but the VW shower attachment fixed below the rear cupboard dies not work (the pump does turn on). I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what is wrong?
This is the first time we have tried to use it so I thought perhaps a tube has come adrift where it connects to the pump?
Many thanks.

the kitchen tap is working with giod stream if water but the VW shower attachment fixed below the rear cupboard dies not work (the pump does turn on). I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what is wrong?
This is the first time we have tried to use it so I thought perhaps a tube has come adrift where it connects to the pump?
Many thanks.
The system uses 1 pump with a T connection and the pump can be turned on via the Tap or Shower connection.
If the Pump turns on via the Shower connection but No water then:
1. Disconnect between T junction and Shower connection so you are pumping water into the Wardrobe, but this would be unlikely if the Tap is working correctly.
2. Blockage or kink in tube from T connection to Shower Plug in fitting, or Shower Plug in fitting not opening when shower hose plugged in, or Shower Hose Blocked.

Can you blow through Shower hose? Is there a on/off switch on it? Check for kinks from Water tank to Shower connection?

Thank you, @WG. I have checked out your thoughts other than the pipe blockage; I'll undo the jubilee clips and give it a blow.

You're a bloody marvel @WG . As you suspected I found a blockage after the T junction at the end of the pipe where ut joins into the brass fitting. It was rust, which I sucked out!

The issue I have considered: pre winter draining should also include the brass shower fitment and pipe work down to the pump. I followed your advice to uncouple the tap connection to battery under the sink and drain the tap but should also have uncoupled the connection to battery behind the brass shower fitment (easy to do as by the fitment), connect the shower hose and blow down it to vacate any standing water between there and pump? What think?

The issue I have considered: pre winter draining should also include the brass shower fitment and pipe work down to the pump. I followed your advice to uncouple the tap connection to battery under the sink and drain the tap but should also have uncoupled the connection to battery behind the brass shower fitment (easy to do as by the fitment), connect the shower hose and blow down it to vacate any standing water between there and pump? What think?
Totally agree. Both Tap and Shower should be drained.

The Tap is definitely above the Water Tank so should drain freely, but If I am correct the Shower connection is below the top of the water tank?
If so then disconnecting the switch at the Shower connection and plugging in the Shower to Open the connection should drain that section of pipe.