Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Shortened exhaust system on 150 T6 vehicles.

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
So where does your exhaust system end. I know the VW bulletin relates to N1 registered vehicles but is it so on the California?
nb: only applies to vehicles NOT fitted with the 204/199 engine.

Bulletin from Volkswagen commercial vehicles:

Change of exhaust system on Transporter models
CV0733-17 18 AUG 2017
From week 37 2017 (starting 11 September), all type N1 Transporter vehicles including chassis cabs (but excluding vehicles with the 2.0 BiTDI 204PS engine) will be built with a shorter exhaust system.

The new system reduces weight, and so increases vehicles' payloads by up to 3.5kg. New technical data for affected vehicles will be published on Hub soon.

A similar system has been used before on Volkswagen Group vehicles and is an effective exhaust gas solution. Customers familiar with a longer and more visible exhaust pipe may be surprised or concerned by the new system, but please reassure them that there are no significant differences in its operation.

How’s this for short !

4A0AF31E-30DD-4403-9241-2E07AAF8B57C.jpeg

Last edited:
Mine is normal for the GC, but they do steel the catalytic converters

Last edited:
Isn't a California based on an M1vehicle? Which I believe has always had a full length exhaust.

Category N1 vehicles - light goods vehicles (up to 3,500kgs) N2 and N3 vehicles - heavy goods vehicles (over 3,500kgs) O1, O2, O3 and O4 vehicles - light and heavy trailers.

Category M1 Vehicles designed and constructed for the carriage of passengers and comprising no more than eight seats in addition to the driver's seat.