Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Shelf system for left-hand storage cabinet (wardrobe)

MartinSchabbauer

MartinSchabbauer

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Dear fellow members,

Up until now we have stored our bed linnen and pillow in the left-hand storage cabinet (wardrobe).
We have now purchased a roof top travel box and would like to use the left-hand storage cabinet in a more optimal way.
Does anyone know where to purchase a set of shelves that would fit this space?

Keep safe and happy, everyone.
/Martin and Anna

Looks pretty good. A bit pricey but not Brandrup expensive.

Dear fellow members,

Up until now we have stored our bed linnen and pillow in the left-hand storage cabinet (wardrobe).
We have now purchased a roof top travel box and would like to use the left-hand storage cabinet in a more optimal way.

/Martin and Anna
Recommend Yes Campervan shelves. We have these https://www.yescampervan.co.uk/prod...ean-coast/7?cp=true&sa=true&sbp=false&q=false

Looks pretty good. A bit pricey but not Brandrup expensive.

That's the perfect solution for us. Thanks so much. I'll order a set right away. Thumbs up.

Dear fellow members,

/Martin and Anna
I also had a go at my own shelves following some inspirations from others on this forum. Well worth the effort!
1653771252626.jpeg

Now I'm also thinking as I mentally twist to pay 150+ for some small shelving.. How did you fix the batons to the side walls?
I measured (hopefully carefully) so the batons use the existing structures on the walls for allignment. There are horizontal batons at the bottom too so no slippage.Then it was just some strong Velcro to hold the batons in place - then the shelves slide down into place and it becomes self supporting. I am not at all confident to drill anything in the van! I used marine grade ply. Think it cost me about 30£ in total - but did take a day to measure and fit exactly - plus some jigsaw and sanding for round edges.

I really enjoying making bits and bobs for the van - especially nice between trips when it’s stuck in the garage. Also we maxed out on budget so the extras I have to be inventive :)

I measured (hopefully carefully) so the batons use the existing structures on the walls for allignment. There are horizontal batons at the bottom too so no slippage.Then it was just some strong Velcro to hold the batons in place - then the shelves slide down into place and it becomes self supporting. I am not at all confident to drill anything in the van! I used marine grade ply. Think it cost me about 30£ in total - but did take a day to measure and fit exactly - plus some jigsaw and sanding for round edges.

I really enjoying making bits and bobs for the van - especially nice between trips when it’s stuck in the garage. Also we maxed out on budget so the extras I have to be inventive :)
Can I be cheeky and ask for the dimensions of the L shaped shelves please? I might knock some up this weekend!

Can I be cheeky and ask for the dimensions of the L shaped shelves please? I might knock some up this weekend!

I might do that too this summer and make a video of it. I'm chewing the different options and designs at the moment.

I might do that too this summer and make a video of it. I'm chewing the different options and designs at the moment.
I am camping in wales at the moment but can measure them next week if you can wait :)

Dear fellow members,

/Martin and Anna
Hi Martin,

I'm about to list a set of shelves (amongst over things) as shown below. They were purchased for our 5.1 but for various reasons covid related that we no longer have. These are brand new as sent from manufacturer, never opened.

I’d be happy to sell these for £110 if you are interested.1653888008863.png1653888008863.png

Back