Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Service Plans

Let us know how it goes, please.

All sorted now, apologies received from the dealer for giving me duff information. Went for 24 months/80000 miles. Cost £395. Such good value compared to waiting for the base warranty to run out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All sorted now, apologies received from the dealer for giving me duff information. Went for 24 months/80000 miles. Cost £395. Such good value compared to waiting for the base warranty to run out.

Hi IainB,

I am collecting tomorrow or next Wed depending on how a call goes this afternoon. I have also asked for the extended warranty and i quoted the £329 +20% to them so £395 total, they seem a little vague on if this is going to be done and as we get closer to collection I am worried it won't get done. Any tips or do i just need to keep asking? I am not really one of those "i refuse to leave these premises" type of person. So ideally want it sorted before i turn up.

Hi IainB,

I am collecting tomorrow or next Wed depending on how a call goes this afternoon. I have also asked for the extended warranty and i quoted the £329 +20% to them so £395 total, they seem a little vague on if this is going to be done and as we get closer to collection I am worried it won't get done. Any tips or do i just need to keep asking? I am not really one of those "i refuse to leave these premises" type of person. So ideally want it sorted before i turn up.

You have 90 days from collection to put it in place, my dealer could have done it on the day, but did it this morning in about 10 mins.

This reluctance to offer the extended warranty is puzzling, it should be one of the main advantages of buying new and yet it is ignored/avoided by many dealers.
Could it be that VWUK warranty rates are so miserly that the dealers rely on the eyewatering cost of retail repairs to ensure their profit levels are maintained?

Hopefully they are not taking that position, would like to think it’s lack of knowledge on the part of some sales staff.

I'm assuming the offered service plans have changed as I can't find anything like the deals mentioned on this thread. All I can find now is the following:

Under 1 Year plan

Buy your first 2 services for £22.50 per month or £540.00 upfront2
This plan includes:
- 1x Oil Change Service
- 1x Inspection with Oil
- 1x Pollen Filter

I've never owned a van but this seems very expensive to me. Assuming that it's much cheaper to use an independent (is it?), is there any downside to doing this with a new van vs using the dealer? I'm planning on taking the extended warranty - will they insist that the van needs to be serviced by a dealer regularly (vs some other garage) to honour the warranty?

Can't find any current info on warranty extension for years 4 and 5 on vw van website. Anyone know whether still available?

Back