Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Self inflicted damage.....

I had my first car on car incident in nearly 30 years motoring yesterday evening.

I was in stationary or slow moving traffic when another motorist passed on my inside to access the empty bus lane. He scraped the front edge of my nearside wheelarch panel and my front bumper with his rear offside wheelarch panel. He then continued along the empty bus lane until he could go no further because of traffic queuing for the lights. I was able to persuade him out of his vehicle to exchange details by photographing the grape yellow paint on his car, his number plate and his face.

I had my first car on car incident in nearly 30 years motoring yesterday evening.

I was in stationary or slow moving traffic when another motorist passed on my inside to access the empty bus lane. He scraped the front edge of my nearside wheelarch panel and my front bumper with his rear offside wheelarch panel. He then continued along the empty bus lane until he could go no further because of traffic queuing for the lights. I was able to persuade him out of his vehicle to exchange details by photographing the grape yellow paint on his car, his number plate and his face.
Shocking. What is wrong with some people??!!

I used to do this with the sliding door against the Fiamma on my T5 - every. single. time.
I did it once and was so annoyed with myself I never have again, it was an easy fix with stone chip paint and isnt even visible to be honest.

Blimey!%?!+?!*

I'm making a careful list of all contributors to this topic and adding to my:

"Never buy a Cali from this person" list.

:D

Your card is marked now sunshine ... ;)

Little dink in the interior passenger door trim, inflicted by my daughter when she was trying to be helpful and swivel the passenger seat around for me. My fault as I didn’t tell her to open the door first..

But hey, its a family camper van, and actually every time I look at the dink it makes me smile as the weekend in question was our first weekend away in the van and we had a fantastic time! :)

You wouldn't want my daughter to be the driver of either of those cars :D.

Doesn't live in Dorset does she? Parked up in the Legion car park which we're allowed to use for collecting children from school, waiting for ny grandson, and a woman parked next to me, opened her door against my van, said "Oh god" and walked off. I was sitting in the drivers seat, she couldn't miss me!
Ok it was a very tiny dink, paint only - really not worth getting into insurance etc - but an apology would have been in order I think.

Not sure what to use on it as the black paint has a sparkle in it.

Doesn't live in Dorset does she? Parked up in the Legion car park which we're allowed to use for collecting children from school, waiting for ny grandson, and a woman parked next to me, opened her door against my van, said "Oh god" and walked off. I was sitting in the drivers seat, she couldn't miss me!
Ok it was a very tiny dink, paint only - really not worth getting into insurance etc - but an apology would have been in order I think.

Not sure what to use on it as the black paint has a sparkle in it.
Sorry to hear that - so annoying.

And no - my daughter's not to blame this time. She's carless at Uni. To be fair I think it's car park walls that seem to get the brunt!

I wasn't really suggesting it was your daughter of course!

Oh after I too had the van washed by the local carwashers the other day I seem to have become a target for all the local birds who've been eating things that disagreed with them!

Reactions: DM
Am I the only person to be besotted with a new Cali, who cares deeply about keeping it nice, only to metaphorically kick yourself in the wotsits because your a ham fisted, impatient git?

I've inflicted the following damage all by myself... in my first month..

1.Tried to force the front seat around against the handbrake, what a dope. I read about how to do it properly in here plenty of times, but no, when it came to me actually doing it I was like an elephant serving a cup of tea in a china cup.

2.Pushed the back seat down to make the bed, only to find the rubber mallet had decided to stand on end and poke its way into the plastic back. Not broken, but you know, there's a mark.

3.Somehow, i've put a little hole in the roof canvas. Week one I didn't know what I was doing and it turns out that a bit of time and thought is actually quite a handy thing. Should have tucked the canvas behind the funny little clip, actually behind the bit of seatbelt webbing that they use, rather than actually in the clip, what a twit.

4.And then, today. I took it to the car cleaner guys in Hayle who did a brilliant job, except for a bit of black stuff from their jet wash rubbed off onto the awning casing. I noticed it at home, screamed, and ran for the scrubbing brush. Rubbed and rubbed and lovely, it came off. Went back a bit later when it had dried, screamed even louder, I'd rubbed the lacquer off the casing, and you can see the brush marks...an even bigger twit.

Anyway, 5 week she of ownership, 16 nights and 3500 miles later, it's the nuts, I love it.

My wife says I have severe OCD..."Obsessive Camper Disorder!"

One week into ownership a small, sharp stone bounced off a truck ahead of us on the motorway and chipped the bonnet paintwork. Then a fortnight later, the gates at a faulty level crossing descended on our roof causing thankfully and surprisingly little damage other than a scrape. At the time, engineers were grappling with the gate and beckoned us through along with everyone else but we were the unlucky ones. A year on, however, these events have long been forgotten and in fact, the garage stated our pride and joy was 'in mint condition' after its recent service so no real harm done.

My first outing with a bike on rack
Lifted tail gate and put a dig in roof with the handle bars :rage

Then the first time in France
Pulled along side a motor way pay booth and caught the n/s door mirror :headbang

Prospected buyers take note :mute

Alan

My first outing with a bike on rack
Lifted tail gate and put a dig in roof with the handle bars :rage

Then the first time in France
Pulled along side a motor way pay booth and caught the n/s door mirror :headbang

Prospected buyers take note :mute

Alan
HAHA … i did the same. Small mark on roof. So now the bikes are en the two middle slots og the rack. Mirror on toll booth done it to …

...a car cleaner! Really?

I would never ever let my Cali washed by any other people.
I haven't washed mine, except windows. Rain did the job. At least, it's been that way till now...