Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

See you all the flip side of christmas and new year!!!

Ocean Spirit

Ocean Spirit

Eating Ice Cream, skimming stones.
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Tomorrow the move to our new home starts officially.
Very bad timing but will be nice to be in for Christmas.
The down side is that none of the services we depend upon are available to hook us back up to the internet, phone or even Sky until way after christmas so I'll not be around the forum after about mid day tomorrow until a couple of weeks in to January unless I resort to my phone on 4G.

To those waiting for a new Cali to arrive, I'm excited for you even though I'll likely not be commenting.
To all those who have helped me along the way I'll probably sit in my van and d go over everything....Hey perhaps I could drive somewhere and pick up wifi????:thumb

And to those with whom I've just chatted with and perhaps the odd debate it's great to trade, lets keep it fun and I'll see you all next year.

So I wish you all a great Christmas & new year!

See you soon (ish).

Reactions: Sad
Hope all goes well with the big move.

We shall look out for any carrier pigeons with your messages whilst you are offline. I shall also brush up on semaphore and morse code just in case...

Hope all goes well with the big move.

We shall look out for any carrier pigeons with your messages whilst you are offline. I shall also brush up on semaphore and morse code just in case...
Well, I'll be playing with the wood burner, never had one before so maybe some smoke signals :confused:

So you won't have any telephone or internet? Mmmmm, sounds like the perfect Christmas to me.

Have a great Christmas. :thumb
Yes it will have it's plus side.
I guess I'll have to just play with Kylie...
(That is the name that appears to be sticking with my Cali by the way).

Have fun moving in to your new home , you always have the Cali as temporary home ....home is where you park it...
Best wiches !

Last edited:
Having moved 10 times in 15 years while the children were very young, prior to this house where we have been for 30+ years, I don't envy you, but 2018 and the California beckon. Best of luck for a trouble free move.

Having moved 10 times in 15 years while the children were very young, prior to this house where we have been for 30+ years, I don't envy you, but 2018 and the California beckon. Best of luck for a trouble free move.
Now there's a thought... How many times have we as a family moved in the last six months?

Have a great move and enjoy the calm of having limited services.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Thought I'd have a little rant :mad:
So I'm still without a phone line and internet.
In this day and age can anyone explain to me why it takes any service provider (bottle neck BT OPEN REACH) a whole month to fit you in and then fail to deliver on the day :headbang:headbang:rage
Makes my blood boil and needles to say I tried other companies when 12th January was quoted.....
Seems there is a fault on the line but an engineer hasn't even visited the house.
Once they have played around at the exchange for 10 minutes without success my mind says if all the other lines are problem free it must be at the customers property.
But they should know best and haven't turned up.

Very poor and very frustrating.

Makes all those phone & internet company adverts appear to be even more Fake News [or Fake Ads] than ever.
We live on a dead end road up one end of a village out in the sticks. We are now supposed to have a better internet connection after having moved from an expensive but slow BT package to a supposedly quicker one with Plusnet. Initially it was great with a much much better speed but now spends much of its time buffering or going off line for no apparent reason. So even if youv'e got internet it's often not what they've promised.

OK I'm no telecom engineer but what they do for connections must be pretty routine. The delay was the most frustrating part for what I consider to be relatively simple and quick once started.
As it turns out in this case...they did deliver on said date but......
Despite all the communications upfront to keep our number they had actually changed it!!
We could not ring in and there was no sign of life (dial tone) on the phone.
Once I tried to ring out and hit the connect button it rang :shocked. I looked at the mobile that I was ringing and all was revealed when it showed a different caller number.
They are rectifying that this week. But its beyond belief as keeping the same number was part of the delay if I remember right.
I'd like to say all is forgiven but .....no I let the poor advosr have it with both barrels. Something that I already know gets you nowhere and is rarely their fault. But I'm afraid someone had to be told on this occasion what I really think.

The other problem we have had out here in the countryside is that several times in the past some kind light fingered sole has wandered off, in the dead of night, with huge lengths of telephone/internet cable. The result = no phone or internet for several weeks.

Back