Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Second hand Checklist

W

willbus

VIP Member
hi Guys

Am quite possibly getting hold of my first Cali in the ext few weeks after years of wait! :clap It will be a 3 1/2 year old therefore out of warranty. Just wondered if anyone had anything they would definately check when looking at a second hand cali. I'm pretty sure I should know most of the things to look for but would appreciate any advice!

I guess the important thing would be to try EVERYTHING. Run through as though you are away for the weekend. Try the electric hookup, make sure the inverter works, and that the mains socket works, make sure the battery/mains symbol is indicated. Make sure the fridge works, the parking heater, the roof goes up and down, the lower bed operates etc. Many of these things would be costly to replace so you want to make sure they work (and the owner shows you how to operate them before you take it away!)

Good luck!

As above really also factor in that it will need a cambelt change after 4 years also check the van
As you would buying a car. Ie steering brakes & tyres. Run the aux heater as well.

Run the tap (ensure it has water on board) and check drainage for fresh and waste water too

Check seats rotate is a good one

There is lots to check but often asking if there are any concerns will prompt an honest reply

Good luck

Ian

Check the roof for kinks, that the canvas is ok and that both roof mattresses are present along with the safety net. Check the from Ali panel doesn't have corrosion

Download the new van checklist from the VIP section. It is intended for when you pick up the van from VW, but most of the bits and bobs will still be handy in a second hand van and will be a pain to replace.

Things like 2 Keys + remote for the heating
All the little straps and bits and bobs that come as standard (tying down the roof / holding up the table)

There are loads of handy bits on that list :)

T