Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Salut from new owner T6 Beach

cyr

cyr

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi all,

I just bought last week a T6.1 California Beach, with 40.000 kms and almost 2 years, and am super happy with it, and yes I am French and leave in France.
Here's is a pic of the van as I know that's what you like.
T6.Public.1.jpg
T6.Public.2.jpg
I wanted to buy Inka seat covers to protect them from sea water, I am doing a bit of windsurf, and from the stains the kids and the dog will certainly do.
But delivery seems impossible towards France nowadays, does anyone knows how to get around that ?

Cheers,
Cyril

Think people are having issues with getting orders from Inka, even the the UK. I found them a bit slippy & sweaty with dust going through the seams. Not impressed.

Think people are having issues with getting orders from Inka, even the the UK. I found them a bit slippy & sweaty with dust going through the seams. Not impressed.
Ok, slippy & sweaty won't do then, I might go for something else.
Cheers

Hi Cry, super exciting for you all.

Ok, slippy & sweaty won't do then, I might go for something else.
Cheers
Inka’a are great for wetsuits, wetkids & wetdogs! (And vomit!). Easy to wash and dry very quickly.

Any 100% waterproof seat cover will never be that breathable, but they do a great job in protecting the original seats.

Reactions: cyr
I wanted to buy Inka seat covers

Hi there,
Does anyone know which types of roofbars suit the Beach Calif 6.1 ? as this van is equipped with flat rails within the roof, like all of California I guess.
I would like to carry some windsurf gears on top when the kids are inside so they can seat normally.
Cheers,
Cyril

Hi there,
Does anyone know which types of roofbars suit the Beach Calif 6.1 ? as this van is equipped with flat rails within the roof, like all of California I guess.
I would like to carry some windsurf gears on top when the kids are inside so they can seat normally.
Cheers,
Cyril
Yes, exactly same fitting as the other California's:

Thanks Ch1pbutty, do you know if it's easy enough to fit and unfit those before going for windsurf once in a while ? Or will it take me 30 minutes to fit the bars on the roof ?

Thanks Ch1pbutty, do you know if it's easy enough to fit and unfit those before going for windsurf once in a while ? Or will it take me 30 minutes to fit the bars on the roof ?

2 mins. You just unlock the plastic cover on the foot with the key, unscrew 4 x thumb bolts by hand & then just lift the bars off.

The 1st fitting takes longer - approx 10mins - as you have to position the 4 x base plates (which the feet sit on). These can stay in the channels even with roof bars removed. You can just about see the plates in the photo below:

3A86A497-E358-4952-B9C5-DF65C4D2F6F5.jpeg

1F8478FA-0BCB-4FD3-854D-419AA2171E56.jpeg

2 mins. You just unlock the plastic cover on the foot with the key, unscrew 4 x thumb bolts by hand & then just lift the bars off.

The 1st fitting takes longer - approx 10mins - as you have to position the 4 x base plates (which the feet sit on). These can stay in the channels even with roof bars removed. You can just about see the plates in the photo below:

View attachment 95403

View attachment 95404
Thanks very much for the explanation and the pictures. I ordered the Yakima bars, should be delivered by end of the week. Cheers.

Too bad I received a mail from roofbox.co.uk saying that they can't sell outside mainland UK, thanks to the Brexit probably. So back to square one.

We have the VW waterproof covers for our Beach. I’m not sure if they are the same as Inka, but I recently took them off after nearly 2 years and the seats are still perfect underneath. They come with ‘Beach’ embossed on them… or should do. Ours were gifted by the dealer and it turned out they are the Ocean ones! Not complaining though as they were free :)

Too bad I received a mail from roofbox.co.uk saying that they can't sell outside mainland UK, thanks to the Brexit probably. So back to square one.

Hi and welcome
I might have missed it however what about the VW roofbars?

Hi and welcome
I might have missed it however what about the VW roofbars?
Hi Sapto,
I've had a look on the second hand market and luckily could buy a pair of VW roofbars.
It fits fine on the roof.

We have the VW waterproof covers for our Beach. I’m not sure if they are the same as Inka, but I recently took them off after nearly 2 years and the seats are still perfect underneath. They come with ‘Beach’ embossed on them… or should do. Ours were gifted by the dealer and it turned out they are the Ocean ones! Not complaining though as they were free :)
Hi Kayleigh,
I ended up buying from Inka, and am happy with it, good protection, specially useful on the rear bench with 3 kids. I still have to fit the front ones received last week.
I am surprised of the number of items one as to buy after buying a California.
Cheers.

Hi Kayleigh,
I ended up buying from Inka, and am happy with it, good protection, specially useful on the rear bench with 3 kids. I still have to fit the front ones received last week.
I am surprised of the number of items one as to buy after buying a California.
Cheers.
Hi Cyril - sounds like you are all sorted with roof bars and seat covers now!
If you ask anyone on here they will give you a list of ‘essential’ extras for your Beach. It really depends on how you use your van and if you come from a camping background you probably have most of what you need already. One thing I would recommend is a spare safe to stop the spare wheel being stolen.

Not sure which area of France you are from, but we had a lovely two weeks in Gironde and Dordogne. So sad what has happened with the forest fires.

Hi Kayleigh, I am from south France, close to Montpellier city.
Thanks for the tip about the spare safe, I didn't have that one in mind. I will be testing all this soon, I am of to Porto with the kids to visit a friend next week.

Back