Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Safeguard insurance renewal

M

Mike Maguire

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Due shortly, the cost of my 2008 SE 174 dsg fully comp Safeguard policy for myself (74) with 9 yrs ncd and one experienced younger driver (c 30 yr old) comes to £484.
Is that reasonable given the extent of coverage provided (incl. AA Recovery etc) ?

Due shortly, the cost of my 2008 SE 174 dsg fully comp Safeguard policy for myself (74) with 9 yrs ncd and one experienced younger driver (c 30 yr old) comes to £484.
Is that reasonable given the extent of coverage provided (incl. AA Recovery etc) ?
So many variables between individual circumstances such as post code, kept on drive or street, business insurance included etc that its not practical to directly compare with others.

Has the cost increased much from last years? and are there any changes to your policy?

Last edited:
I (76) pay about £550 pa with Safeguard. On the street, insurance-expensive post code, 4 adult drivers and I have wads of years ncd. I've found their AA service excellent. Most usual insurance companies declined to quote for on-the-street parking for the Cali. Not a problem with my wife's BMW tho.

Paying £460 (excl £25 fee) for 15k GB plus 2.5k Euro mileage with one additional driver & no other vehicle, driveway parking. Has only gone up £20 from last year & everything pretty well is covered. Have just renewed. Person on the phone very aware of Calis being different from conversions!

Back