Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rubber stopper for T6/T6.1 sliding window blind (that slides in from the wardrobe towards the fridge)

• Thread starter WaikatoCalifornia
  • Start date
WaikatoCalifornia

WaikatoCalifornia

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hello, I recently upgraded the (horizontally-sliding) window blind on my T6 for the newer one with the built-in “spice rack”.

Annoyingly, somehow between taking out the old one and getting ready to put in the new one, I’ve lost the wee rubber stopper (it’s nowhere to be found!).

Does (a) this matter (ie will it function without it) and (b) does anyone know yet part number (or part name)?

I can’t seem to find a picture of it or a part number online.

Any help much appreciated - thanks!

If I recall its only purpose is to act as a buffer and to stop the sliding blind being able to be lifted out of its slot in the wardrobe . I would just use a bit of rubber or foam glued in place. Use a contact adhesive like EVO Stick so it can be removed if necessary.

Thanks ArunAlec; I’ll give that a go. Before I do, is there any chance you (or anyone else who may have seen this thread) could measure the thickness of the OEM part is, so I can craft a DIY replacement. Thank you!

Thanks ArunAlec; I’ll give that a go. Before I do, is there any chance you (or anyone else who may have seen this thread) could measure the thickness of the OEM part is, so I can craft a DIY replacement. Thank you!
Sorry… I jumped ship to Westfalia!
As I recall it’s about 10mm. Just need to make it big enough to stop the blind sliding too far.

Back