Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Route Calculation failed

Katrina

Katrina

Bluebelle
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi. We have the 8.5 discover media system. it keeps erroring saying ‘route calculation failed’ this is mid route. I managed to disable a few things when it happened yesterday but it has occurred again and I just can’t make it work.

I have searched and can’t see a similar issue, but I can’t believe this can only be happening to us.

We did have we connect plus but think that expired.

We are touring Europe at the moment.

Exactly the same for me, also T6.1 Ocean MY21. Any solutions to this pleeeeez? Thanks a lot!

Exactly the same for me, also T6.1 Ocean MY21. Any solutions to this pleeeeez? Thanks a lot!
Perhaps the only difference with me is that it errors after selecting destination when you press “start” rather than erroring mid route navigation.

Hi. It resolved itself in the end, I think it needed a map update so after a few days using the data from our phone it started working again. It's happened a couple of times now both when we were touring Europe, so that's all I can put it down to.... We tried both the garage and VW assist and no-one could tell us what the problem was ...

Hi. It resolved itself in the end, I think it needed a map update so after a few days using the data from our phone it started working again. It's happened a couple of times now both when we were touring Europe, so that's all I can put it down to.... We tried both the garage and VW assist and no-one could tell us what the problem was ...
Thanks for replying Katrina - mysterious. Am sure it’s a Europe thing too. If I find out anything that explains it, I’ll add to the post.

Thanks for replying Katrina - mysterious. Am sure it’s a Europe thing too. If I find out anything that explains it, I’ll add to the post.
Well, after a few days in Europe, i guess just like you, it started working OK. As you say, maybe just needing some form of over the air update. All’s good now.

Thanks for letting me know, I'm glad you're sorted now at least. A bit of a mystery all in all....

Back