Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rosie says hello...

WildAtlantic

WildAtlantic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Just wanted to say hi and more importantly a big thank you to the forum members from all the brilliant advice and information I have found here. This is Rosie, and we bought her at the start of May, after years of lurking in the 'Calis for Sale' waiting for that perfect Br***t moment to head to our UK neighbours and pick up a bargain. Anyway it turned out the right van showed up on our doorstep, and a lack of funds wasn't going to stop us. Timing was good as we have 2 Kerry Blue Terriers, and the older fella is insisting that we are no longer allowed to go on holidays without him.

We are lucky to live on the Wild Atlantic Way in Galway Ireland, and we have some special scenery whether we turn left or right depending on the mood. First big trip is coming next week, when we will head to the Italian lakes, via Wales, England, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, and Austria. Should be fun!

Family photo from Fanore Co. Clare...

/Alan

DSC_0004 1.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome!
That's quite a trip for a first big outing - enjoy.

Just wanted to say hi and more importantly a big thank you to the forum members from all the brilliant advice and information I have found here. This is Rosie, and we bought her at the start of May, after years of lurking in the 'Calis for Sale' waiting for that perfect Br***t moment to head to our UK neighbours and pick up a bargain. Anyway it turned out the right van showed up on our doorstep, and a lack of funds wasn't going to stop us. Timing was good as we have 2 Kerry Blue Terriers, and the older fella is insisting that we are no longer allowed to go on holidays without him.

We are lucky to live on the Wild Atlantic Way in Galway Ireland, and we have some special scenery whether we turn left or right depending on the mood. First big trip is coming next week, when we will head to the Italian lakes, via Wales, England, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, and Austria. Should be fun!

Family photo from Fanore Co. Clare...

/Alan

View attachment 49352
:welcome Lovely looking van & great dogs We will watch out for it next year when we visit the WAW

Welcome to Rosie and yourselves!
But enlighten me as to the significance of Brexit and visiting the UK?
I’m assuming they aren’t related?
I guess you thought there was more to chose from in the UK but I can’t understand anything else

Welcome to Rosie and yourselves!
But enlighten me as to the significance of Brexit and visiting the UK?
I’m assuming they aren’t related?
I guess you thought there was more to chose from in the UK but I can’t understand anything else

Thank you. It's the advantageous exchange rates where the weakening of the pound was making a big difference for such a large purchase. Calis are also pretty rare over here.

Ah I see!
Something obviously hadn’t thought about being resident here and a bit slllooooowwwww