Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Roof Mattress

Paul1

Paul1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Thinking of getting mattress topper for roof bed. Can you leave the topper up there with the roof lowered ??? I think i may have read somewhere that bedding should not be left there as it could damage the motor . It doesent seem very practical to take it down each time. Paul.

No, it can't. If you leave anything thicker than a thin thing up there, you risk damaging the roof significantly.

That said, some people leave the standard VW screen covers up there (which are very thin).

What about the isotop that can be left up in the roof.

I've been leaving the isotop in the roof for 4 years, without any problems. Not sure about anything else though.

I want to leave a mattress protector and sheet, together with the isotope. Would anyone know if that’s worked for them.

I want to leave a mattress protector and sheet, together with the isotope. Would anyone know if that’s worked for them.
Depends how thick the protector is?
We used to leave the fitted sheet on the mattress, the isolite windscreen & side window blinds, side window fly screens & had the isotop liner. That all worked OK
I would be happy leaving stuff a few mm thick up there, but nothing thicker.

Depends how thick the protector is?
We used to leave the fitted sheet on the mattress, the isolite windscreen & side window blinds, side window fly screens & had the isotop liner. That all worked OK
I would be happy leaving stuff a few mm thick up there, but nothing thicker.
Thanks. The mattress protector is quite thin, 3/4mm but will compress down to say 2mm. Just closed the roof with it up there, so fingers crossed it wont damage anything.

We have the standard mattress in ours and have an isotop installed, before closing the roof down we pull the zips of the front panel down and tuck the fabric up over the hatch as it closes. On the mattress we keep a thin ikea mattress cover and a sheet. Don’t think there’d be room for anything else.

Back