Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

RNS315 Sat Nav

L

Leigh and Lucy

Does anybody have any idea if it is possible on the above navigation system to set latitude/longitude satnav coordinates? I cannot seem to find such an option, am I missing a trick?

I've not seen one myself however google reveals quite a bit of discussion about it not being possible.

Strange not being to do this as you can load ASCII files with 'favourite' destination details & these have latitude/longitude in them.

I couldn't find a way to do it.

If you do - post the info please.

I had a play with my 510 today & it is possible to enter lat & long co-ordinates.

Press NAV button > press New Dest > press Map/GPS then press GPS button on right side of screen then press Latitude to enter lat C0-ords & Longitude to enter long co-ords.
It has to be in the xx degrees xx minutes xx seconds North & xx degrees xx minutes xx seconds West format (DMS)

Thanks for the replies!

We took an extended long weekend in Brittany in the van, hence my failure to reply. Rained like hell all but one of the days and still managed to have a good time.

Without suggesting "custardtart" has not followed Andy's instructions, I will nonetheless attempt once again to see if there is some way of using the lat/long coordinates. It seems strange that there is no such option as I noticed when setting the Brittany campsite as a new "home" it came up with the latitude and longitude for it!

Sorry all my instructions are for RNS510, got a bit confused. Need to read posts more carefully !!