Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

RNS 510 POI Option Greyed Out

BillyCasper

BillyCasper

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Going through pre-checks and noticed that the POI button on the navigation new destination screen is greyed, inactive. Never had this problem before and have just noticed the issue.

Any ideas where POIs might have gone? I haven’t knowingly deleted them.

West European maps are v17 and were updated by the dealer, but some time ago.

Thanks for any tips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Going through pre-checks and noticed that the POI button on the navigation new destination screen is greyed, inactive. Never had this problem before and have just noticed the issue.

Any ideas where POIs might have gone? I haven’t knowingly deleted them.

West European maps are v17 and were updated by the dealer, but some time ago.

Thanks for any tips.

You might try a reset.

Many thanks, will give it a go, guess I’d then need to reload the maps from the VW CD and Archie’s POIs from SD?

Many thanks, will give it a go, guess I’d then need to reload the maps from the VW CD and Archie’s POIs from SD?

You may have to reload your Personal POIs.

Performed soft reset, factory reset and reloaded personal POIs. Nothing worked, POI option greyed out.

Are VW default POIs part of the map update or a separate file? Have thought about reloading maps from the disc.

Or, perhaps forget it and use mobile phone.

Performed soft reset, factory reset and reloaded personal POIs. Nothing worked, POI option greyed out.

Are VW default POIs part of the map update or a separate file? Have thought about reloading maps from the disc.

Or, perhaps forget it and use mobile phone.

Part of the Map Data I believe.

Part of the Map Data I believe.

Thanks for that and you are right.

I put the map update disc in the unit. It didn’t initiate an update, but the standard POIs do display if the disc is left in. I can live with that as I’ll not be playing any music CDs. Still can’t see or upload personal PoIs - Archie’s, but I have my phone.

Looks like the update must have failed and I can’t reinstall. Surprised as I’m convinced I’ve used POIs since the last map update. Maybe a software update caused a wobble.

Thanks for that and you are right.

I put the map update disc in the unit. It didn’t initiate an update, but the standard POIs do display if the disc is left in. I can live with that as I’ll not be playing any music CDs. Still can’t see or upload personal PoIs - Archie’s, but I have my phone.

Looks like the update must have failed and I can’t reinstall. Surprised as I’m convinced I’ve used POIs since the last map update. Maybe a software update caused a wobble.

Have you updated the Firmware in the past 5 yrs or just the Map Data?

Last edited:
That seems very plausible as I've never updated the software and didn't know you had to. I guess I had assumed that any operating system software updates throughout the vehicle would be part of the dealer service.

My SW version is 6276 and maps 8557.

The whole thing is acting a bit weird. Post code entry is also now greyed out, seem to have to go country, then city, then street.

I have a TomTom as backup and Waze.

Think the VW unit will have to be sorted when I get back.

Back