Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Retained Value Top Ten

Jodalo

Jodalo

Vehicle
Cali now sold
I see in June’s What Car? Mag, the VW California Beach has come in 8th on the list of retained value over 3 years of ownership, at 76.15% depreciation. Having looked at plenty of ads for all Californias recently, some have lost very little over 3 years. Porsche 911 tops the list.

Last edited:
I think they’ve got it a bit wrong! I suspect the Cali Beach would be in the top 3, if not no 1!

Just did a WBAC on my first Beach which was registered in March 2016 and it came in over 83% of what I paid 6 and a bit years earlier!

I see in June’s What Car? Mag, the VW California Beach has come in 8th on the list of retained value over 3 years of ownership, at 76.15% depreciation. Having looked at plenty of ads for all Californias recently, some have lost very little over 3 years. Porsche 911 tops the list.

Presumably 76% retained value! Despite the freak conditions over the last two-years, I've not owned a vehicle like it before in this sense. I did once have a beautiful W124 Mercedes estate that I sold for more than I paid for it 3-years later, but that was sub-£500 :cool:

Back