Replacement Magnetic Window Blinds

Soton Campers

Soton Campers

Southampton Campers
VIP Member
Trade Advertiser
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Just picked up a second-hand 2017 Ocean and the magnetic window blinds are missing and nowhere to be found by the previous owner. Other than direct from Volkswagen + £70 per side does anyone know where else I might get a set or something that would be a suitable alternative?

Thanks everyone.

Just picked up a second-hand 2017 Ocean and the magnetic window blinds are missing and nowhere to be found by the previous owner. Other than direct from Volkswagen *+ £70 per side does anyone know where else I might get a set or something that would be a suitable alternative?

Thanks everyone.
Use an External Cover for windscreen and side windows?
Sold in Forum Shop and elsewhere.

Hi @Darryl are you referring to the clip on ones for the front windows like in pictures below?

If so I would suggest looking for an alternative- they are not that great- don’t block light and a bit fiddly to put on. Boring colour too.8B0215A6-F964-41B2-A0A0-8D7C87F98B34.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes those are the ones. It's for an Ocean so I just need the side ones. Thank you everyone for your ideas. I did have a look at the silver screen ones but I'm looking for something that packs away quite neatly and doesn't take up too much space. I'm intending to hire the vehicle so also needs to be simple to fit. I do like the simplicity of the VW ones but accept that they do not do a perfect job for black out.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Yes those are the ones. It's for an Ocean so I just need the side ones. Thank you everyone for your ideas. I did have a look at the silver screen ones but I'm looking for something that packs away quite neatly and doesn't take up too much space. I'm intending to hire the vehicle so also needs to be simple to fit. I do like the simplicity of the VW ones but accept that they do not do a perfect job for black out.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
I think they are fine, simple to put on and remove, take up no space in door pockets and if correctly fitted no gaps at all, I would pay VW for replacements.

Hi @Darryl are you referring to the clip on ones for the front windows like in pictures below?

If so I would suggest looking for an alternative- they are not that great- don’t block light and a bit fiddly to put on. Boring colour too.View attachment 44787
Mine fit a lot better than that, but they are the T5 version and look thicker than those.

I like mine. Just roll up and stay in the door pocket out of the way when not in use.

Mine fit a lot better than that, but they are the T5 version and look thicker than those.

Yes they are rather thin. Looking for a suitable replacement at some point.

Fit not a problem though -- I hadn't been careful enough the time that photo was taken.

But can you fit them one handed?

No.

Managed to get my external screens on though, hardest part was keeping the door just open with my knee whilst using unbroken arm to hook screen over.... My insistence on doing it all myself had the campsite in stitches ...... :sad

Until recently, we used the vw cloth magnetic blinds for front side windows. We bought the comfortz thermal cover, that works far better....no condensation, no light getting in during the night, work to keep van cool in summer and warm in winter....perfect. Also the front windscreen folds down on Velcro, so that you can have light during day. Very compact and comes with own bag. We went for the black version rather than the shiny silver finish.

@Perfectos . I thought silver screen was an external cover?

Google VW silver screens turns up results for internal and external, both options readily available from many sources. Like most things personal preference is a key indicator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am with @WelshGas our spring out VW on the T5 were better than those now supplied with magnetic hold on ones on our T6. The front pull across blind fixed ones on the T6 are a pet hate of mine sometimes improvements are not as good as original solutions in my view. I now use a third party silver type screen internally now. I think this type is a better buy than trying to get set a VW originals.

Until recently, we used the vw cloth magnetic blinds for front side windows. We bought the comfortz thermal cover, that works far better....no condensation, no light getting in during the night, work to keep van cool in summer and warm in winter....perfect. Also the front windscreen folds down on Velcro, so that you can have light during day. Very compact and comes with own bag. We went for the black version rather than the shiny silver finish.
Be aware, if you had condensation before and No condensation using the Thermal screen, then using the screen hasn't magic away the condensation. It has just moved it to the next coldest area which is on the body panels in the kitchen and wardrobe cupboards and behind the interior door panels.
Get the ventilation level correct so you have No condensation before using a thermal screen. It is just the application of physics.

Silverscreens are the original manufacturer of the best quality external screen covers, based in Cleckheaton, Yorkshire.

Internal silver screen material (radiant barrier ) courtesy of NASA, USA, circa 1970,s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be aware, if you had condensation before and No condensation using the Thermal screen, then using the screen hasn't magic away the condensation. It has just moved it to the next coldest area which is on the body panels in the kitchen and wardrobe cupboards and behind the interior door panels.
Get the ventilation level correct so you have No condensation before using a thermal screen. It is just the application of physics.
Good point of physics. Yes we always have a window open a bit to provide ventilation. Also built in ventilation with the roof up.

Just picked up a second-hand 2017 Ocean and the magnetic window blinds are missing and nowhere to be found by the previous owner. Other than direct from Volkswagen *+ £70 per side does anyone know where else I might get a set or something that would be a suitable alternative?

Thanks everyone.
I have 2 sets, only need 1. Have sent you a pm.

We almost never use the door / front window blinds. We have a stick between the handlebars on which we air our clothing at night. That is immediately the eclipse on the front. Simple and fast.

I like mine. Just roll up and stay in the door pocket out of the way when not in use.

I lie them flat on the upstairs bed, saves space and trying to get them into the silly little pouch which is supplied. I also store my, homemade, wooden shelf up there, without any problems closing the roof.

Yes they are rather thin. Looking for a suitable replacement at some point.

Fit not a problem though -- I hadn't been careful enough the time that photo was taken.
They are too thin and let light in so I lined mine with black out material, the magnets still hold OK.

Back