Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacement Head Unit Harness Adapter for Pioneer AVICF980DAB CARPLAY

W

warny15

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi All, I have purchased a Pioneer AVICF980DAB head unit to get DAB and Apple Carplay into my Cali (replacing the RDS310).
I have contacted a couple of Audio shops online for advice on the harness adapter I need (for radio and steering wheel connection), however most of them only recognize the T5 Transporter vehicle, They are not sure whether the California has some differences.
There is an adapter manufactured by "CONNECTS2" part number CTKVW01 which is for a T5 and also a part CTSVW003.2 which is for a VW Multivan, best advice I have had so far is that I will need one of these two, Can anyone advise of the correct one for the Cali ?

Cheers

Hi All, I have purchased a Pioneer AVICF980DAB head unit to get DAB and Apple Carplay into my Cali (replacing the RDS310).
I have contacted a couple of Audio shops online for advice on the harness adapter I need (for radio and steering wheel connection), however most of them only recognize the T5 Transporter vehicle, They are not sure whether the California has some differences.
There is an adapter manufactured by "CONNECTS2" part number CTKVW01 which is for a T5 and also a part CTSVW003.2 which is for a VW Multivan, best advice I have had so far is that I will need one of these two, Can anyone advise of the correct one for the Cali ?

Cheers

I have a similar unit (without the DAB) and mine doesn't have the steering wheel controls.

However I would suggest contacting VW Cali forum sponsor SMG + Cowfold for guidance. They tend to know their onions.

Cheers

Hoping you got it sorted by now but for anyone else searching future reference the T5 is exactly the same as the California in this respect.

The fitting kit would be this one I believe http://www.roadradio.com/wiring-fascia-adaptors/C2CTKVW01Twin/7060/ however that won't display parking sensors, or climate on the screen. The steering wheel controls will work however.

If you need Parking Sensors / Climate Control etc. then I believe it's this http://www.roadradio.com/wiring-fascia-adaptors/C2CTUVW01/7232/ (plus the facia)

If in doubt talk to Jason at Absolut Audio, he'll know for sure.