Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Replacement fluorescent bulbs

vw_liz

vw_liz

Hello,

Anyone know where to buy replacement fluorescent bulbs for the two original westfalia lights in the california?

It says on the back of the unit that it needs a tc-le 11w bulb but I cant seem to find them.

Thanks,

Jim

Middlesexmotorcaravans.co.uk,they sell these bulbs to I think

Pretty sure I got the one for my Westy Bay in B&Q... Pretty standard 11w tube.

M

Thanks for the replies. I think there may be some different types of bulbs used as my fittings look like this...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395141379.598203.jpg

The bulb should have a part number marked on it. If so, just put that number into a Google search and it will find where you can get one. That's what we did - after searching high and low everywhere else - and it came up with Amazon! Bulb arrived 2 days later.
I hate using Amazon, but - "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do" at times.
Note: it's the same light fitting as shown in the photo, for a '92 T4.

Thanks greyplague! I should have said before but I don't have any bulbs!

I don't suppose you would be able to tell me your bulbs part number?

Cheers,

Jim

greyplague said:
I hate using Amazon, but - "A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do" at times.

Over my cold dead body !!!!!

vw_liz said:
Thanks greyplague! I should have said before but I don't have any bulbs!
I don't suppose you would be able to tell me your bulbs part number?
Cheers,
Jim
Hi Jim,
It's a Phillips twin tube bulb with 4 pins. Looks like it's what you're looking for.
Just search for PL-S4P 11W/827 and Google will find it. In fact, I just checked and it comes up (top of the list), with
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&...vptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_5cvj5y8epm_b
this takes you straight to it!
Best of all, it's not expensive, so get a spare one for future use - I did.

Hint: if the bulb doesn't work when you fit it, don't panic: just have a 'fiddle round' and clean up the contacts - they're not brilliant. I ended up adding a spot of solder to the spade connectors to keep them in place, although my T4's 22 years old so everything's a bit on the 'sloppy' side.

Good luck with it.

Brilliant! Thanks for that, just what I needed. Thanks for the tips as well :thumb

Jim

vw_liz said:
Brilliant! Thanks for that, just what I needed. Thanks for the tips as well :thumb
Jim
No problem Jim - so all you need to do is ask. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask :headbang

Back