Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

removing middle seats

W

Waldo

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Can anyone give a hint to remove the 6th and 7th seats? Thanks

Take out the grey caps at the front of the rail system. The large and smaller ones both have catches at the back. I usually stick a small finger through the rubber in the rail system to press forward and then lift out. Once you have done that you need to take out the spacers hidden further back in the rails. You can identify the slight difference in the rails if you look. Ideally the seat would be behind the openings so you may need to play with the rear seat positioning as well. There are two aluminum covers per rail, pull them up and out. Then you just need to slide the seat forward so the legs are in the spaces you have created (so basically to the front of the rail). The seat should then just lift out.

Best advice, get someone to help you lift them out - they are very heavy and not easy to 'clean and jerk' out the van! You may also find it easier to fold them flat first and take the headrest out. Also watch the feet - they will scratch the floor in the van or your house etc...

Hope that helps,

Steve.

Best advice, get someone to help you lift them out - they are very heavy and not easy to 'clean and jerk' out the van! You may also find it easier to fold them flat first and take the headrest out. Also watch the feet - they will scratch the floor in the van or your house etc...

The manual suggests folding flat and spinning the seat through 90 degrees so the back/fold of the seat is facing towards the door (90 degrees anticlockwise for a forward facing seat). Then pick it up by the hinges of the armrests. I do this and it works well.

I also put a slidey piece of matting (an old non-rubberised door mat) right next to it to lift the far one onto and then drag it out towards the door where I can then climb out onto the ground and lift it out. Due to a cluttered garage it then goes onto a base with casters (10 quid from ebay) so I can push it around without it getting damaged, dropped or more importantly without bending my spine.

HTH

Matt