Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Removing C pillar trim

dabbijak

dabbijak

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I am having trouble removing the C pillar trim on the right hand side. For some reason it doesnt seem to pop off with the same ease as the other pillar trims. The trim is already cracked next to the side door so am unable to pull with any force on that side. Is there hope to get this trim off without breaking it?

IMG_4236.jpeg

It does need a bit of force to get it off @dabbijak. I think your best hope is to try and lever the cracked side with a plastic trim removal tool? Obviously repair the crack once off.

What’s the hole for? Solar panel display? FYI: Our MT11 display only fits in one position on the C pillar due to available clearance behind the panel.

1BF1414F-4780-40C0-85E4-9C72BFD644B1.jpeg

It does need a bit of force to get it off @dabbijak. I think your best hope is to try and lever the cracked side with a plastic trim removal tool? Obviously repair the crack once off.

What’s the hole for? Solar panel display? FYI: Our MT11 display only fits in one position on the C pillar due to available clearance behind the panel.

View attachment 81707
Just twigged it - the hole in yours is for the hand strap - yes?

The hole is for the hand strap on the right hand side. Finally managed to pry it off. It needed considerable more leverage than the other trims, plastic tools didnt work since they would bend. I guess the combination of anti-rattle tape and aging plastic trims are not really removal friendly. For future reference, if anybody is trying the same, you would need a metal trim tool with an angle as below or similar. Then try to get leverage on the dark grey plastic as shown below. The trim pops off its clips on the right side.

Interior Trim Panel Car Door Upholstery Panel Clip Remover Tool Plastic Handle (1)-1024x768_0.jpgtrim1.PNGtrim2.PNG

Back