Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Remember when we went places ... video

H

HB19

HB
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
My daughter just sent me a link to a video she made from last summer’s trip to France. She’s only just found the (lockdown) time to edit it and put it online and I thought I would share it with you all here. It’s just a bit of fun and I hope it brings a few smiles.
I love the photos people post on the forum and the vloggers on YouTube who video their travels, so hopefully you’ll enjoy this addition.
The grand children think the van is fantastic and we are currently using it in the garden in various locations for pretend holidays (we are very lucky to be able to do this). The family often have at least one meal in the outdoor dining room! and it’s become the go-to place for watching films and seeking solitude.
Take a peak here:

Last edited:
Fantastic, made me very nostalgic about the kids and even sent a copy to my son who hasn’t started yet, hahaha
Show me the rest

Good of you to share! Did make me smile! Funny to see the packing-proces and interesting way of roling in the awning (holding it upright with your arms when colapsing the poles) Will try that.

Good of you to share! Did make me smile! Funny to see the packing-proces and interesting way of roling in the awning (holding it upright with your arms when colapsing the poles) Will try that.

Thank you all for your kind words and positivity - I will pass them on to Rosie and James. I think they will probably make a couple more videos this summer while they have the time so I will signal them to you as and when (or you can subscribe on youtube and you’ll get an automatic update). This video was only their second production ever .. and very much a practice effort.
Like you, I found it really interesting to see the packing process and the way they put the awning away. I am taking a similar tack now and it is definitely faster than my own inching-in-slowly method.
Hopefully seeing this will also be a signal to any tentative young van fans who want to see how it’s done. I’d say “go on .. give it a try .. you’ll love it”.

Norway is top of my list of places to go and these videos are great inspiration. Thank you for sharing.

Norway is top of my list of places to go and these videos are great inspiration. Thank you for sharing.
Too true. Would have been going back on the 6th May for 3 weeks. Hopefully next year.:thumb

Thank you all for your kind words and positivity - I will pass them on to Rosie and James. I think they will probably make a couple more videos this summer while they have the time so I will signal them to you as and when (or you can subscribe on youtube and you’ll get an automatic update). This video was only their second production ever .. and very much a practice effort.
Like you, I found it really interesting to see the packing process and the way they put the awning away. I am taking a similar tack now and it is definitely faster than my own inching-in-slowly method.
Hopefully seeing this will also be a signal to any tentative young van fans who want to see how it’s done. I’d say “go on .. give it a try .. you’ll love it”.
... but not yet been able to solve the mystery of the stuck awning peg .... ...

Back