Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Reliability

Matthew Barber

Matthew Barber

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi all,

Considering upgrading our trusty T5.1 to a new T6.1 and I’m wondering if anyone has experienced reliability problems with the T6.1? Any niggles or nightmares I should be aware of?
Many thanks
Matt

Hi, I am the forums automatic search bot. I have found the following thread that possibly answers your question. I found it through the forums search engine. I hope the answer you are looking for is among them. ;-)

Last edited:
Hi all,

Considering upgrading our trusty T5.1 to a new T6.1 and I’m wondering if anyone has experienced reliability problems with the T6.1? Any niggles or nightmares I should be aware of?
Many thanks
Matt
My 6.1 is only 4 months old but so far no problems (other than a jammed bench seat which was fixed under warranty). Really like the vehicle.

I'd make a list of the pros and cons between your T5.1 & a T6.1 initially and also consider how near the T7 is to introduction.
T5.1 production life span?

Like most Vehicles, avoid early production, new production processes and technologies to make the parts will be bedding in. I speak from past experience in the automotive rubber sealing (power steering, gear box, engine seals) industry manufacturers, higher failure rates and not all can be caught by QC but big penalties for not supplying parts. So mid to end of product life better as these snagging issues have been sorted out.

Our 6.1 Ocean was collected July 2020. After 600 miles it dumped all the engine oil because Wolfgang had forgot to tighten a jubilee clip. We have now covered over 5,500 miles and no further issues at all - mechanical, electrical or roof!

Very happy.

Back