Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Regret going for Beach over Ocean? Or vice versa?

Well it’s done
Put the deposit down this morning and there is zero point getting excited at this point but I might permit myself just a little!
Congrats! With the spec above for a blue Ocean, or did you make any final changes?

Congrats! With the spec above for a blue Ocean, or did you make any final changes?
Thanks! Resisted any last minute changes, so I'll paste the final spec here.
I'm still not 100% sure I didn't want a Beach! But weighing up, there was potentially more to regret down the line. The Beach is more suited to the way we use our current T5, but these things are fluid and I could have seen us coming to regret not getting the Ocean... but not vice versa. Who knows!

Ocean 150 DSG Starlight Blue EUR65,000
17" Steelies
Non std options:
ACC
Reversing Camera
Bright oak cupboards with shower
Dealer will do a limo tint on the windows for free.

Everything else as std.

Congrats Bob, :pinkbanana

you’ll have read every post between now an October o_O

the time will fly by

still plenty of time to bust the budget ! :cheers

Nice one!

Don’t worry about stringing the excitement out - if anything you’ll get MORE excited as time goes on... :bananadance2

Just an update (not much of one, the van will not arrive for a very very long time!) - after discounting buying another black van, I almost went for the Fortana red as a nod to my first VW camper in the profile pic, a self converted aircooled T3 2.0. Last minute changed to Starlight as a nod to my late dad's van which was that colour. Tough decision without seeing both side by side.

Coincidentally I was out for a run at the weekend and saw a 6.1 Beach in each colour in the same forest carpark :D Looks like some orders have begun to trickle through here in País Vasco, as they're the first 6.1 Calis I've seen in the wild apart from a couple I've glanced on the road.

The Fortana is a very rich colour but to be honest I prefer the base model Cherry Red. Glad I went with Starlight!

Thanks! Resisted any last minute changes, so I'll paste the final spec here.
I'm still not 100% sure I didn't want a Beach! But weighing up, there was potentially more to regret down the line. The Beach is more suited to the way we use our current T5, but these things are fluid and I could have seen us coming to regret not getting the Ocean... but not vice versa. Who knows!

Ocean 150 DSG Starlight Blue EUR65,000
17" Steelies
Non std options:
ACC
Reversing Camera
Bright oak cupboards with shower
Dealer will do a limo tint on the windows for free.

Everything else as std.
You'll love it

besides being a campervan, an Ocean is a great mobile office, takeaway dining room, drinks on the river support vehicle ...

Back